Yealink Forums
Searching For Base - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Searching For Base (/showthread.php?tid=1876)

Searching For Base - elementpbx - 06-07-2014 10:10 PM

Every week or so we are getting SEARCHING FOR BASE on the handsets and we need to power cycle the base unit. We are on latest firmware .20 and tried roll back version .15 as well. Anyone else having this issue?

RE: Searching For Base - Yealink Support - 06-09-2014 09:32 AM

Hi elementpbx,

It is strange of your issue. We should solve this issue above x. 40.0.15. Are your handsets far away from the base? Are your base and handsets all above x.40.0.15 ?

RE: Searching For Base - HinesNetwork - 07-18-2014 02:36 AM

I'm having the same issue. The issue seemed to start when I upgraded to x.50.0.20 and added repeaters. However the repeaters don't seem to be the issue as I have unplugged them all and reset the phones and the base station. I also tried downgrading to x.40.0.15.

Issue:
The handset is off, after turning it on, it searches, tries to initialize and then reboots (cycle repeats several times) sometimes it eventually connects. I have tried it both on the charger and off and it does the same thing.

This may be unrelated, but when I downgraded the firmware via the web interface, two of the phones wouldn't get the firmware from the base. I had to plug them in with USB to get the firmware changed.

I have attached a zip file with the config export, system logs (level 6) and pcap.

RE: Searching For Base - Yealink Support - 08-06-2014 11:17 AM

Hi all,

In order to do more troubleshootings, please supply syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap and describe the detailed operations and issue and send to support@yealink.com or support.usa@yealink.com.

How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

thanks

RE: Searching For Base - elementpbx - 10-05-2014 09:04 AM

I have had the same issue.. its when I added the repeaters.. I had to remove and put a different solution in place. I got the hardware back used my own base and upgraded handset/base to v73 and saw the issue my customer was having.. It goes into searching for base but still shows signal strength?? I have to reset base to get the handset to connect.

RE: Searching For Base - elementpbx - 10-08-2014 04:55 AM

We have provided syslog a few times. We have seen a reproducible scenario.

Let the battery die in a handset and then when you boot up it will search for base 1/2 the time you boot up. You have to take batteries out and reboot again to work correctly. We literally did this 5 time sin a row and it did it 4 of 5 times.

RE: Searching For Base - James_Yealink - 10-09-2014 05:36 PM

(10-05-2014 09:04 AM)elementpbx Wrote:  I have had the same issue.. its when I added the repeaters.. I had to remove and put a different solution in place. I got the hardware back used my own base and upgraded handset/base to v73 and saw the issue my customer was having.. It goes into searching for base but still shows signal strength?? I have to reset base to get the handset to connect.

Hi elementpbx,

Do you mean that you can reproduce the rebooting problem when you connect the repeater in your lab?

If yes, may I know how the w52p system is deployed in your lab? Only one base with V73 and one repeater?

About the sehacing for base issue will phone automatically connect to base quickly when it lose connection or you must have to reset base?

Regards,
James

RE: Searching For Base - elementpbx - 10-09-2014 08:53 PM

A 52 Base unit with 3 handsets. One repeater. The battery goes dead on any handset. When you boot the handset back up many times it will not connect and say SEARCHING FOR BASE for 5 minutes. We have to pull battery out of handset and reboot phone. Then it will connect. The battery life is very poor on the Yealink phones compared to other competitor phones. We have upgraded to v73 and found same issue. I'm sure your lab can reproduce.

(10-09-2014 05:36 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:04 AM)elementpbx Wrote:  I have had the same issue.. its when I added the repeaters.. I had to remove and put a different solution in place. I got the hardware back used my own base and upgraded handset/base to v73 and saw the issue my customer was having.. It goes into searching for base but still shows signal strength?? I have to reset base to get the handset to connect.

Hi elementpbx,

Do you mean that you can reproduce the rebooting problem when you connect the repeater in your lab?

If yes, may I know how the w52p system is deployed in your lab? Only one base with V73 and one repeater?

About the sehacing for base issue will phone automatically connect to base quickly when it lose connection or you must have to reset base?

Regards,
James

RE: Searching For Base - elementpbx - 10-15-2014 08:41 AM

Any update?

(10-09-2014 08:53 PM)elementpbx Wrote:  A 52 Base unit with 3 handsets. One repeater. The battery goes dead on any handset. When you boot the handset back up many times it will not connect and say SEARCHING FOR BASE for 5 minutes. We have to pull battery out of handset and reboot phone. Then it will connect. The battery life is very poor on the Yealink phones compared to other competitor phones. We have upgraded to v73 and found same issue. I'm sure your lab can reproduce.

(10-09-2014 05:36 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  

Hi elementpbx,

Regards,
James