Yealink Forums
Direct Call Pickup Codes - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Direct Call Pickup Codes (/showthread.php?tid=1856)

Pages: 1 2

Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-04-2014 11:31 AM

This is a noob question, but does each handset have it's own unique direct call pickup code? Or are these allocated by the administrator?

We are using T46G handsets and the userguide has *97 in the example, but I have a feeling these may need to be allocated manually.

Thanks.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - CWR - 06-04-2014 12:57 PM

Usually it is the dial code plus the extension...
Each pbx may have a different setup.
Some may have a group pickup code that will pick up any call in the group.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-04-2014 01:10 PM

Thanks Craig, i'll have a chat to our virtual PBX provider and see what they say.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-05-2014 01:10 PM

(06-04-2014 12:57 PM)craigreilly Wrote:  Usually it is the dial code plus the extension...
Each pbx may have a different setup.
Some may have a group pickup code that will pick up any call in the group.

I just had a chat to MyNetFone, our virtual PBX provider, and they were unable to help as they were not sure what I meant by our "dial code". They kept asking me if I was referring to the SIP number for each handset or something else.

When referring to the "dial code", is this the SIP number for each handset?

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - Yealink Support - 06-09-2014 10:11 AM

Hi AvantGarde,

Do your PBX support pick up feature? Some PBXs don't need pick up code to puck up a call. They will integrate with BLF feature. They will automatically assign pick up code when you configure BLF in phone.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-10-2014 06:31 AM

(06-09-2014 10:11 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Do your PBX support pick up feature? Some PBXs don't need pick up code to puck up a call. They will integrate with BLF feature. They will automatically assign pick up code when you configure BLF in phone.

Yeah, our PBX (MyNetFone) does support pick up feature but because we are not using their supported handsets (Cisco), they are unable, or unwilling, to provide any additional support in order to get the direct call pick up working... they've left it up to us to sort out.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - Yealink Support - 06-10-2014 09:29 AM

Hi AvantGarde,

Can google or other forum help you?

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-11-2014 07:22 AM

(06-10-2014 09:29 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi AvantGarde,

Can google or other forum help you?

Unfortunately not, that's why i ended up here.

I had a chat to MyNetFone, our virtual PBX provider, and they were unable to help as they were not sure what I meant by our "dial code". They kept asking me if I was referring to the SIP number for each handset or something else.

When referring to the "dial code", is this the SIP number for each handset?

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - Yealink Support - 06-11-2014 10:42 AM

This is called by feature code. Many PBXs have their feature code such as DND on code ** , DND off code *1.

It is strange that your PBX doesn't know what you mean.

RE: Direct Call Pickup Codes - AvantGarde - 06-12-2014 06:14 AM

(06-11-2014 10:42 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  This is called by feature code. Many PBXs have their feature code such as DND on code ** , DND off code *1.

It is strange that your PBX doesn't know what you mean.

I will speak to our PBX provider this morning and ask them for the Feature Code and see if they can provide that.

Assuming I am able to get the feature code off them, where do I enter it into the phone?

Do I enter it via the website, Account > Advanced > Directed Call Pickup Code?