Yealink Forums
EHS36 Not Picking Up Phone - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: EHS36 Not Picking Up Phone (/showthread.php?tid=1830)

EHS36 Not Picking Up Phone - gobenb - 05-29-2014 02:57 AM

I am having an issue with the EHS36, a Plantronics CS500 and a T42G/T46G.

I have the EHS hooked up the the phone via the EXT port. The EHS has the audio jack to the headset base. Then i have the special Plantronics RJ9/RJ11 cable connecting the headset base to the phones headset port.

If a call is received I hear nothing on the headset. if I press the button on the headset it does not pickup the call. I cannot end the call using the button on the headset. I cannot make a call on the headset unless the headset button on the phone and the button on the side of the headset have been pressed.

The phones are at the latest firmware approved by 3CX. The EHS is firmware 3.16.

I cant for the life of me figure out what I am missing.

RE: EHS36 Not Picking Up Phone - commsys - 05-29-2014 11:17 AM

(05-29-2014 02:57 AM)gobenb Wrote:  I am having an issue with the EHS36, a Plantronics CS500 and a T42G/T46G.

I have the EHS hooked up the the phone via the EXT port. The EHS has the audio jack to the headset base. Then i have the special Plantronics RJ9/RJ11 cable connecting the headset base to the phones headset port.

If a call is received I hear nothing on the headset. if I press the button on the headset it does not pickup the call. I cannot end the call using the button on the headset. I cannot make a call on the headset unless the headset button on the phone and the button on the side of the headset have been pressed.

The phones are at the latest firmware approved by 3CX. The EHS is firmware 3.16.

I cant for the life of me figure out what I am missing.

I posted this elsewhere about ehs36 and a cs540. what series plantronics do you have? 510, 520 or 540?.

i had an issue with the 3.5mm audio cable plugging into the cs540, it appears that the length of the metal part was not as long as another suppliers cord (different brand). i used an different audio cable and it picks up and hangs up fine.

I attached a picture for reference. The one on the right is the Yealink one. It didnt work with the cs540, the one on the left did work.

Try to hold in the cable on the back on the cs540 (push it in and try to answer a call). if that doesn't work, try again by pushing it in and pushing downwards slightly. If this does work, it means you need a longer (metal part) cable.

Let me know how you go.

[attachment=764]

RE: EHS36 Not Picking Up Phone - Yealink Support - 05-30-2014 01:57 PM

Hi gobenb,

Can you test with commsys's advice? Do you connect your headset as EHS36 user guide?
EHS36 User Guide