Yealink Forums
T46G - manually configure a door camera - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G - manually configure a door camera (/showthread.php?tid=18283)

T46G - manually configure a door camera - MM@BI - 07-12-2016 11:31 PM

Hi guys,

so I've ran into a little issue with my T46G.
My Starface PBX can display our door cameras on the phone's screen without any problem.
We actually released a video to show it works a while ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQO_7sEjsM

I also can manually watch a video stream if I enter my camera's image URL (the phone itself builds a stream by frequently taking single pictures from the camera)
under
Features -> Door Phone -> Camera URL
Which works fine as well.

What i can't figure out is how to take the video from there on my phone's screen without involving the Starface PBX.
How can I configure a key to display the video? Or can I link it to a phonebook entry to display it when I'm getting a call?

This is a necessary feature for any other PBX and smaller stuff like home routers and I'm fairly sure it should be possible, so can anyone help me out?

RE: T46G - manually configure a door camera - Klaus_Yealink - 07-13-2016 04:26 PM

Thanks for your information.

please send an email to support@yealink.com,then my colleage who support starface will help you once we get your email.

klaus

RE: T46G - manually configure a door camera - MM@BI - 07-14-2016 12:12 AM

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've sent an email including some more information and linked this thread for reference as well.

RE: T46G - manually configure a door camera - Klaus_Yealink - 07-14-2016 09:29 AM

we have received your email,and we will fix this issue ASAP.

RE: T46G - manually configure a door camera - SFA1492 - 12-08-2017 06:06 PM

Hi,

I am using/selling YEALINK T4 phones for over a year now. What I miss concerning features is door camera support. I just stumbled over this post telling me the T46G supports the display of a camera picture. I watched the mentioned youtube video and was excited.
I couldn't believe that I have missed to find the described feature, so I checked my T46S. No feature "door phone" can be found.
Since the description is for a T46G I assume the T46S doesn't have that feature anymore. I also understand that the door cam image shown in the video is mainly possible due to a starface pbx.
After some more research I found a support article saying no YEALINK phone supports the door phone feature. I find the mentioned solution with dss key as XML browser as not very practical.
I don't get why the YEALINK phones with color display (e.g. T46, T48) do not have a native door camera feature like some other SIP-phones (e.g. Gigaset Maxwell 3).
IP-Cams are getting more and more popular, IP-doorphones with built-in camera as well.
It would be sufficient to be able to define a incoming number as a door phone, the URL for the camera picture and the DTMF-code to activate the opener.
So when a call comes from that particular number the phone displays the camera picture on the screen and after picking up it offers a soft key to open the door.
So YEALINK please work on that feature.