Yealink Forums
Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers (/showthread.php?tid=18195)

Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers - yeacpt - 07-11-2016 10:29 PM

Hi,

We have two sip servers (sip server 1 and sip server 2) configured on our T46G for redundancy.

When an extension receive a voicemail (on sip server 1), we have the notification (sound and visual) that arrives on the phone.
But when the phone register to sip server 2 it remove the notification and then it register to sip server 1 and the notification comes back!

Can we tell the phone to have voicemail notifications only from the sip server 1? (the second is only for backup!)

I hope my explainations are clear.

Thanks.

RE: Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers - Klaus_Yealink - 07-13-2016 05:00 PM

Hello,

From your description,I think it's normal,becuase this VM is in the server 1,so the phone could subcribe this VM from server successfully,

but when you switch to server 2,phone will still subcribe VM,but there is no VM in this server,so there will not show any notificantions.

If I missed something,please let me know.

BR

klaus

RE: Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers - yeacpt - 07-13-2016 06:24 PM

Hi,

That is correct, but as long as the Server1 is available, the phone should not check for VM on the Server2.

The phone should continue to register to Server2 in order for the Server2 to know its IP, but not to check for VM.

As long as the phone can contact ther Server1, if the user check the VM, the phone will always contact the Server1, so we do not need to have the Server2 to modify the phone VM state when the Server1 is running.

Do you agrre?

RE: Voicemail indication with 2 sip servers - yeacpt - 07-19-2016 04:54 PM

I am sure that we are not the only one that have voicemail and use two sip server for redundancy.

Do you have a solution? (checking for voicemail only on the Sip Server 1 for example)

Thanks