Yealink Forums
T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? (/showthread.php?tid=1818)

T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - sheldon - 05-28-2014 03:19 AM

Everyone in our office uses a T46G + EXP40 expansion panel. Currently a user has a green light when available, and a red light when they are on the phone. Would it be possible to make the light turn red when they are on DND? I looked through a few threads, but didn't find anything that worked out.

Thanks!

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - nicknomo - 05-29-2014 02:25 AM

(05-28-2014 03:19 AM)sheldon Wrote:  Everyone in our office uses a T46G + EXP40 expansion panel. Currently a user has a green light when available, and a red light when they are on the phone. Would it be possible to make the light turn red when they are on DND? I looked through a few threads, but didn't find anything that worked out.

Thanks!

This is most likely going to be a feature of your phone system. I know Yealink phones give you the option to specify a DND code. On asterisk it is *78 and *79.

Basically, the phones subscribe to BLF hints from the PBX. The PBX is in charge of changing the status of the extensions. Your best shot is to see if your PBX has a feature code for this.

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - CWR - 05-29-2014 03:17 AM

I do not think this is part of the BLF RFC standard...

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - sheldon - 05-31-2014 06:15 AM

Damn I was hoping it would be a somewhat easy fix. I'll see what I can do on the PBX I guess.

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - nicknomo - 05-31-2014 10:34 AM

(05-31-2014 06:15 AM)sheldon Wrote:  Damn I was hoping it would be a somewhat easy fix. I'll see what I can do on the PBX I guess.

Yeah, depending on the system you are using, it may not be easy. On asterisk, I had to create Custom device states... then when I used the DND feature code, I'd change that custom device state. It was all custom code though. Other PBX's may have an easier way of doing it..

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - CWR - 06-01-2014 06:52 AM

Then it is no longer a BLF.... Smile

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - nicknomo - 06-01-2014 08:48 AM

(06-01-2014 06:52 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  Then it is no longer a BLF.... Smile

I don't know... BLF is "busy lamp field" and do not disturb is a form of "busy". My old key systems used to do show "busy" for do not disturb and they were 30+ years old. I know Cisco also does it..

RE: T46G + EXP40 - Anyway to make users on expansion panel red when they are on DND? - Yealink Support - 06-03-2014 10:59 AM

Hi all,

ippbxsupport has worked out with another method. Please refer to below thread.
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1153&page=2