Yealink Forums
How do you know where the call is parked? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: How do you know where the call is parked? (/showthread.php?tid=1816)

How do you know where the call is parked? - Clevelander - 05-28-2014 02:08 AM

I have a Yealink T48G and Elastix as my PBX. I seem to be missing how to park a call. I set one of the DSS keys to "call park", and it does that just fine, but I have no way of knowing what parking lot the call is in.

If I use the manual method of transferring the call to my main parking lot extension (press transfer, then enter the main parking lot extension), Elastix reads back the parking lot number to me so I can page someone & give them the parking lot number. However, when I use the DSS key, it silently parks the call and disconnects -- I have no way of knowing where it parked the call.

Am I doing something wrong?

RE: How do you know where the call is parked? - nicknomo - 05-28-2014 02:33 AM

(05-28-2014 02:08 AM)Clevelander Wrote:  I have a Yealink T48G and Elastix as my PBX. I seem to be missing how to park a call. I set one of the DSS keys to "call park", and it does that just fine, but I have no way of knowing what parking lot the call is in.

If I use the manual method of transferring the call to my main parking lot extension (press transfer, then enter the main parking lot extension), Elastix reads back the parking lot number to me so I can page someone & give them the parking lot number. However, when I use the DSS key, it silently parks the call and disconnects -- I have no way of knowing where it parked the call.

Am I doing something wrong?

Its better to bind a DSS key to DTMF and use ##70 (or whatever you assign your parking lot to be - mine is in the 700's). Using the DTMF, it basically just performs an attended transfer to the parking extension.

I actually made a direct parking modification for elastix so I didn't have to deal with the reading back of the park extension. IMO, its an incredibly stupid system of parking that just takes too much time and relies on the user to listen for the number. With my modification, I just transfer to my park extensions (e.g. 701,702,703,704,705). If there was a way to send a message to the phone that the call is parked, that would make the default parking method better, but without that it is pretty hard to actually use. If you are interested, I posted this on another forum:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/working-direct-parking-to-parking-slots-valet-parking.14606/