Yealink Forums
One Way Communication - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: One Way Communication (/showthread.php?tid=1804)

Pages: 1 2

One Way Communication - AvantGarde - 05-22-2014 01:48 PM

Hi,

We have recently purchased a number of Yealink T46G handsets and whilst the actual handsets are great, we are experiencing what we call "one way communication"... that is, during a phone call with someone, the line appears to go dead and we can no longer hear them, but they can hear us.

Is this a known issue and if so, any suggestions on how we can resolve it?

The phones are running Firmware version 28.71.0.170 (Hardware version 28.2.0.128.0.0.0) and I am aware of the fact that this is not the most recent version. Before I upgrade it on all the handsets though, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another known "fix" available which might help resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Chris.

RE: One Way Communication - CWR - 05-22-2014 11:18 PM

I am running 28.71.0.176 with no issues.
You do not mention if you are using a PBX, traversing a firewall or anything like that - so I can not give you further information regarding the audio issue.

RE: One Way Communication - AvantGarde - 05-23-2014 05:09 AM

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply. We are running a virtually hosted PBX system through a well known 3rd party provider here in Australia and we do not currently have a firewall setup. I have spoken to the 3rd party supplier about the problems an although everything appears to be ok on their end, they were unable to comment on the Yealink headsets as they are not a supported handset model, they support Cisco and a couple of others.

RE: One Way Communication - AvantGarde - 05-23-2014 11:46 AM

Just a quick update. The problem is still occurring today, but i have worked out that when the phone line goes silent, if i turn the volume up to the maximum, i can sill just hear the person on the other end. If i wait long enough, the volume will sometimes return as if nothing happened... it's almost like a wave. Does this help identify any possible problems / solutions?

RE: One Way Communication - Kriss - 05-23-2014 02:37 PM

Hi,

Would be interesting to capture the call traffic using a tcpdump or something on your firewall/router, then to listen the the call with wireshark using the pcap file.
http://wiki.wireshark.org/VoIP_calls

That will let you guess if the issue occure on the provider side, or on the phone.

I never had such problem on this FW version.

./kriss

RE: One Way Communication - Yealink Support - 05-27-2014 12:25 PM

Hi AvantGarde,

Please try the latest commercial firmware and test again.
If your issue is still on, please supply syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap to your distributor or support@yealink.com.

How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

RE: One Way Communication - AvantGarde - 05-30-2014 09:11 AM

(05-27-2014 12:25 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi AvantGarde,

Please try the latest commercial firmware and test again.
If your issue is still on, please supply syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap to your distributor or support@yealink.com.

How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

Hi, can you please confirm the latest commercial firmware?

Also, when looking to obtain the syslog level 6 and config files, as per the instructions, you need to set it up and then replicate the issue... unfortunately this issue is intermittent and difficult to replicate. Is it possible to log the phone for a day (or a period of time) in the hope of capturing the issue?

RE: One Way Communication - Yealink Support - 05-30-2014 10:07 AM

Hi AvantGarde,

You need to use wireshark to capture the trace.
1. connect your computer to your phone's PC port
2. go to webpage->Network->Advanced->Span to PC, enable span to PC Port.
3. run the wireshark in your computer
Wireshark tool and instruction

RE: One Way Communication - AvantGarde - 06-03-2014 07:21 AM

(05-27-2014 12:25 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Please try the latest commercial firmware and test again.

I have just been able to replicate the problem and have a sent a copy of these files to support@yealink.com as directed.

Should I still use WireShark and post the results on here?

RE: One Way Communication - Yealink Support - 06-03-2014 09:54 AM

Hi AvantGarde,

No. You don't need to post the files here. If your issue has been solved, please share results here.