Yealink Forums
OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice (/showthread.php?tid=1753)

OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice - aleclerc - 05-15-2014 01:31 AM

Hi,

I followed an excellent documentation to configure pfSense to work with SIP-T22P. ( Ref: http://www.sunstatetechnology.com/docs/YealinkOpenVPNGuide.pdf )

Everything seams to work properly, but it's impossible to hear the remote phone. But the remote user hears us.

Looking at my firewall, I see that all traffic from the remote user is blocked using it's public IP address (as source).

It's just like if the phone was not going through the OpenVPN tunnel for the RTP packets.

I have no idea to see where is the problem, from the phone or the firewall. (There are no rules to block, but all rules asked to be created in the documentation have been created.)

Thank you for any help,
Alexandre Leclerc

RE: OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice - Yealink Support - 05-15-2014 03:02 PM

Hi Alexandre,

Please ask your distributor for help. They have higher priority than Yealink Forum.

RE: OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice - aleclerc - 05-20-2014 10:36 PM

Hi Support,

It looks like the VPN is correct and packets are going through. But after 20 sec the communication is cut because some critical packets are not answered to.

I'm still looking for a solution to that problem.

The VPN documentation I fond for the phone is not very easy to have technical answers. It required some search to know about SHA1, 1024 keys, etc. Is there another documentation, maybe more updated, to have the VPN configuration requirements? I mean, the ports we must pass through on firewall side, how the local IP address should be configured on the phone, etc. (Is there a link between the tunnel IP and the phone network config?)

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Alexandre Leclerc

RE: OpenVPN with pfSense - can't hear voice - Yealink Support - 05-30-2014 06:43 PM

End in 2014.5.28【Webinar】How to address OPENVPN issues with Yealink phone?