Yealink Forums
SIP-T20P not provisioning [solved] - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: SIP-T20P not provisioning [solved] (/showthread.php?tid=17312)

SIP-T20P not provisioning [solved] - tonyg@guadagnoconsulting.com - 06-29-2016 02:56 AM

hi, thanks in advance.

I am setting up a new asterisk 13 system. I purchased a T46G and T20P for test. The T46G provisioned like a champ, works great. I am having issues with the T20P. I am using option 66 from dhcp. when the t20p boots, it first tells me it is "sending request", then it says "update skipped" when it finishes booting, it says "no service"

i know it is talking to our pbx, because the admin password on the phone is not default. it has taken the admin password from the pbx, but it does not seem to be provisioned. Also, our pbx has a firmware update for it, so i am not sure why it is skipping. the phone currently has
hardware - 7.0.1.62
firmware - 9.72.0.81

the pbx has firmware 9.73.0.50 waiting

why is it not taking the firmware or the provisioning? how can i tell whats going on?

thanks for your help

RE: SIP-T20P not provisioning - tonyg@guadagnoconsulting.com - 06-29-2016 08:13 PM

all, i realized this was my error. I am using freepbx, in the phone template, there is an option called "configuration style" and oddly, neither choice (legacy or current) were selected. I first tried current and that did not help, but when I selected legacy, the phone picked up the new firmware and provisioned itself.

thanks anyway.