Yealink Forums
Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 (/showthread.php?tid=1727)

Pages: 1 2

Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-13-2014 02:10 AM

I am trying to use Option 66 with my yealink phones so they will grab the configuration files automatically. on firmware 36.72.0.1 this works great. This is whey you had to have both the common cfg file and the mac cfg file.

now when i received some new Yealink phones they came with 36.72.0.26 firmware. I thought i would give it a try.

I set the phone up. Plugged it into a POE switch. It booted up but after several minutes nothing happened.

I confirmed i had the option 66 programmed correctly. I logged into the phone's gui and found it has "Server URL ftp://{$ftp_server}" and "User name {$ftp_username}"

In the Release notes i found this:
"11. Unified the auto provisioning files (Common.cfg/MAC.cfg) among all types of
Yealink SIP phone.
Description: In the new version, the same feature configuration items were unified
among all phone types. For the individual not unified configuration items, the new
configuration files would have corresponding annotations, for more information,
please refer to the Yealink_SIP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide."

first off there is no new "Yealink_SIP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide". The two newest ones i can find are from December of 2013 and Jan of 2014. So a new one of those would be nice so we could figure out how to use the phones.

2nd I rolled the phone back to 36.72.0.1 and it works fine. I tried 36.72.0.25 as .26 is not available for download, and .25 would not provision either and the two fields have the same information i listed above for the 26.

Is there something the new firmware is looking for in the configuration file that it did not or some other sort of change we need to know about?

Can you get the update "Yealink_SIP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide" out there for us?

Can you get .26 firmware out there?

What is the difference between .26 and .25?

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - Yealink Support - 05-13-2014 10:22 AM

1. Auto Provisioning Guide only for V72-1 now.
2. .26 is RPS firmware. You can get it from your distributor.
3. NOTE: T41P: 36.72.0.1 upgrades to 36.72.0.25
The feature which the user's personalized configurations could not be covered
after auto provisioning was not added to this version of T2 series.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-14-2014 07:08 AM

ok i have a configuration that the phones are pulling but on .25 firmware they will not download the old .1 firmware and do anything. They just ignore it.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - Yealink Support - 05-14-2014 04:30 PM

Do you mean the phone running .25 can't download .1 firmware from your configuration file?
Do you fill the firmware url in your configuration file? The phone won't go to download the same configuration file until you change something in your configuration file.
Please supply clear infos for me.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-14-2014 09:45 PM

router has option 66 in it. string as follows: ftp://userid:password@registrationlocation.com

in the configuration file, we use a smarty style configuration with variables in it that read like the following:
auto_provision.server.url = ftp://{$ftp_server}
auto_provision.server.username = {$ftp_username}
auto_provision.server.password = {$ftp_password}

on .1 firmware the system will pull option 66 go to the ftp site, pull the configuration file down and poplulate in the web gui on the Setting > Auto Provision section, fills in or leaves in (not sure which) the varibles with this:
server url = ftp://registrationlocation.com
username = userid
server password = password

everything is happy.

on .25 and .26 these 3 lines of code still in use, they only thing changing is that we are using .26 or .25 firmware, nothing else has changed, using the same exact configuration file on the same exact phone.
auto_provision.server.url = ftp://{$ftp_server}
auto_provision.server.username = {$ftp_username}
auto_provision.server.password = {$ftp_password}

after it pulls the confiuration file down the fields then change to this in Settings > Auto Provision section
server url = ftp://{$ftp_server}
username = {$ftp_username}
password = {$ftp_password}

so it has stopped pulling in the variables and instead reads it as literal text. Because of this the configuration will not load and the phone stops trying to provision itself.

to me this seems clearly that there is something off or wrong of different about the new firmware now.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - CWR - 05-14-2014 11:35 PM

I do my programming thru 3cx and the variables are in my template - but when the config files get created, the variables are filled in. The phone is goign to read what is in the file. If the file has a variable {variable} that is what it pulls in.
I have 2 files created from my template:
y000000??.cfg (which has the phonebook info and network config)
macadd.cfg file (which has the account info and BLF settings)

Neither of these have variables, only the template. I have not programmed outside of 3cx.
Can you share any of your files that are giving you issues so I can look at them and see if I find anything obvious?

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-15-2014 10:14 PM

(05-14-2014 11:35 PM)craigreilly Wrote:  I do my programming thru 3cx and the variables are in my template - but when the config files get created, the variables are filled in. The phone is goign to read what is in the file. If the file has a variable {variable} that is what it pulls in.
I have 2 files created from my template:
y000000??.cfg (which has the phonebook info and network config)
macadd.cfg file (which has the account info and BLF settings)

Neither of these have variables, only the template. I have not programmed outside of 3cx.
Can you share any of your files that are giving you issues so I can look at them and see if I find anything obvious?

Their is nothing wrong with the file, if it works on .1 perfect but does not work on .25 or .26 and the only difference is the firmware, it is easy to figure out it is the firmware.

I have listed above literally copied it and pasted it out of the configuration file. Something is up or odd about the new firmware and how it is looking for things since the swap over to a single configuration file format.

if we had some information about the new formating and provisioning that might help. Would be nice for Yealink to release a new guide.

that is a different issue.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - Yealink Support - 05-19-2014 07:41 PM

Hi JamesK,

Do you reset to factory and test again? It should work well. We don't make changes in this provisioning mode.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-19-2014 09:19 PM

(05-19-2014 07:41 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi JamesK,

Do you reset to factory and test again? It should work well. We don't make changes in this provisioning mode.

i have factory reset a multiple times, i have upgraded and downgraded firmware, i have done everything i can think of but this is a consistent problem that i can recreate over and over again.

RE: Option 66 issues with firmware 36.72.0.25 and 26 - JamesK - 05-21-2014 10:15 PM

Still looking for an answer here