Yealink Forums
BLF with Broadsoft on T41P - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: BLF with Broadsoft on T41P (/showthread.php?tid=1575)

BLF with Broadsoft on T41P - acantho - 04-15-2014 10:47 PM

Hello all,
I'm testing a T41P with our Broadsoft platform (Rel. 19sp1) and I'm able to use the "BLF List" feature and it's working fine.
Just a question: is there a way to modify the key label for a BLF List or is it always taken from the NOTIFY msg that the Broadsoft AS sends to the phone, as it seems to me?

Since the Extension name taken from the NOTIFY msg might be extremely long and hardly shown on the display, to bypass this issue I tried also the "BLF" feature, where I expected to be able to set my own labels, but I wasn't able to make it work, neither for signaling the state of the monitored line, nor for picking up an incoming call: does anyone know how to set the Value and Extension fields in such a case, according to the NOTIFY msgs sent by the Broadsoft AS?

BTW, the fw I'm testing is the "Broadsoft" version 36.71.193.7

Thanks

RE: BLF with Broadsoft on T41P - Yealink Support - 04-16-2014 01:51 PM

If you wan to modify the name of BLF List, you should change it in broadsoft platform. We don't subscribing BLF and BLF List at the same time.

RE: BLF with Broadsoft on T41P - acantho - 04-16-2014 03:45 PM

(04-16-2014 01:51 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  If you wan to modify the name of BLF List, you should change it in broadsoft platform. We don't subscribing BLF and BLF List at the same time.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think it's not feasible: the line name set on Broadsoft is what a called party sees on his display, so it doesn't make much sense to shorten the name to look fine on a BLF button and let any called party to receive the same short (and maybe unreadable) name.

Anyway, what do you mean the phone cannot subscribe BLF and BLF list at the same time? Is there a way we can use BLF (and not BLF list) with Broadsoft? So far I've found only Broadsoft tutorial for BLF list, not for BLF...

Many thanks!

RE: BLF with Broadsoft on T41P - Yealink Support - 04-17-2014 11:14 AM

Broadsoft only support BLF List now. Sorry. So we can't subscribe BLF and BLF List at the same time in broadsoft version.