Yealink Forums
Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button (/showthread.php?tid=15550)

Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - necits2015 - 05-25-2016 04:23 AM

Several PBX's (FreePBX with RestApps) now have features for Visual Voicemail. It would make sense to be able to program the VM/Message button to access an XML browser URL to access the VM XML app.

RE: Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - Yealink_Michael - 05-25-2016 08:44 PM

hi

have you tried to use a DSS key to xml browser to reach this request ?

Michael

RE: Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - necits2015 - 05-26-2016 01:04 AM

(05-25-2016 08:44 PM)Yealink_Michael Wrote:  hi

have you tried to use a DSS key to xml browser to reach this request ?

Michael

I have and that works great but it can get confusing for the users to have two separate ways of accessing voicemail (especially when they are used to just pressing the message key). The DSS key tied to the XML browser opens the visual voicemail app, which is the preferred way of accessing VM, however since the message key only allows feature codes it can only connect the the legacy Asterisk (*97) voicemail. XML is becoming so popular that I think it would make sense to allow the Message key to be programmed with an XML browser value.

RE: Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - necits2015 - 05-27-2016 12:21 AM

Sangoma just released this feature on their IP phones and it just makes sense Smile

RE: Allow XML browser Type as Option for Voicemail Button - Yealink_Michael - 07-05-2016 03:12 PM

your advise is really useful for us, i will collect and submit to our product team of an evaluation of optimization !

TKS & BR

Michael
Yealink Wiki : http://support.yealink.com/