Yealink Forums
Intercom auto answer - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Intercom auto answer (/showthread.php?tid=1425)

Pages: 1 2

Intercom auto answer - istech - 03-14-2014 11:47 PM

How do we set T28,26 & 22 to allow intercom thru with voice (auto answer) when press DSS/BLF programmed for an extension? We found the *50 and dial the extension but can not determine how to do it by one touch press of BLF.

RE: Intercom auto answer - CWR - 03-15-2014 05:16 AM

using with a PBX?
I do not think you can have the BLF Monitor and do Intercom.
I think it is setup for Dial.
The option is to setup each extension to auto-answer - but probably not the best bet.

RE: Intercom auto answer - istech - 03-15-2014 05:23 AM

Broadworks is the hosted PBX we use.

RE: Intercom auto answer - CWR - 03-15-2014 06:21 AM

I guess that part of the question was more for general knowledge... but I am still confident that the BLF is only for pickup or dial of extension. It is not setup to do a prefix+extension.

RE: Intercom auto answer - istech - 03-15-2014 08:39 PM

Ok I understand. So could I program the soft keys on the T28 with voice intercom choices? Looking for a solution client really wants the function because his old phone system could do it.

RE: Intercom auto answer - Yealink Support - 03-17-2014 02:27 PM

Hi istech,

Why don't you set a “Intercom” type in Memory key?

RE: Intercom auto answer - istech - 03-17-2014 09:02 PM

To clairify; So you are saying program a single key with the intercom feature? They press that then dial ext number? I do not think they will like that. But that may be what we have to do.

RE: Intercom auto answer - Yealink Support - 03-19-2014 03:57 PM

They can fill the intercom number in the value of Intercom DSSKey. So they just need to press this intercom DSSKey to intercom others.

RE: Intercom auto answer - istech - 03-19-2014 09:23 PM

OK..... I programmed a DSS with *50xxxx and it worked for voice in intercom. Great I got that.

NOW can we combine and also have the same DSS key also have BLF & voice intercom? Sorry to be a pain but this is a basic feature that business key system have had for 20 years. I sell to mostly small businesses and I am replacing those key systems so every customer ask for it. It si a real problem for me.

RE: Intercom auto answer - CWR - 03-19-2014 10:11 PM

Sometimes the best course is to email support or get with your distributor. Sometimes they have more pull.
This is a necessary feature - but must be optional.
Why not just dial the extension? You want auto answer right? I turned that off on every key system I have encountered for privacy concerns. Used to find people lurking waiting for a good conversation... But it would be the warehouse phone so you wouldn't know who it was...