Yealink Forums
Make it easier to distinguish between a call on hold and a new incoming call. (LEDs) - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Make it easier to distinguish between a call on hold and a new incoming call. (LEDs) (/showthread.php?tid=1421)

Make it easier to distinguish between a call on hold and a new incoming call. (LEDs) - nicknomo - 03-14-2014 10:43 AM

Hi,

When dealing with a multiple line setup, where we are handling multiple calls at the same time, its somewhat hard to tell which line is on hold and which line is ringing. The ringing line blinks slightly faster than the line on hold, but they are too close for my users to quickly distinguish which line is the incoming call. If I have two calls on hold, and one call incoming, my phone looks like my christmas lights. They are all blinking at their own timing and I can't tell what is happening on each line.

My suggestion would be to make an incoming call have a very fast flashing LEDs (like 5 blinks per second), while a call on hold would blink 1/2 a time a second (once every two seconds).

As of right now, its just not easy to tell them apart... at least not on the T38G and the T46G.

Make it easier to distinguish between a call on hold and a new incoming call. (LEDs) - nicknomo - 03-15-2014 07:18 AM

I also just wanted to add that the lights don't blink in unison... They all blink at their own pace on my T46G's and T38's. This really does compound the matter.

All calls held on lines should blink together. All calls rining into lines should blink together. A BLF ring should blink with with the LEDs for ringing lines. A BLF for an on hold caller should blink with the LEDs for lines on hold.

As of right now, they don't do that... and it looks chaotic when you have a lot going on.