Yealink Forums
Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G (/showthread.php?tid=1395)

Pages: 1 2 3

Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - nicknomo - 03-11-2014 07:03 AM

We are looking to simplify transferring directly to voicemail. I'm using the T46g.

Lets say you have an operator (Sara) at extension 200, and want to transfer to the voicemail of extension 221 (Tony). In asterisk, the way to do this is to transfer the call to *221.

Right now my BLF's have the value of the extension number. Extension 221 BLF has a value of 221.

What I'd like to do is set up a direct to voicemail button (transfer + *), and use a BLF to choose what voicemail to go to (e.g. 221).

I can hit transfer than the BLF, but I can't even do transfer * than the BLF (a normal transfer occurs). I also can't use DTMF to do ##* than hit the BLF button. A normal transfer also occurs

If I hit transfer, and manually type in *221, it transfers to voicemail fine. I can also manually type in ##*221, and it also transfer to voicemail fine.

Is there any way to get this done where I have a DSS key and BLF key work together to do this?

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - CWR - 03-11-2014 08:38 AM

I haven't found a way atleast with 3cx. I think the implementation of the dss key doesn't work that way...

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - nicknomo - 03-11-2014 11:18 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Its a real shame if there is no solution to this. On our previous legacy PBX the operator panel BLF's were used for all sorts of functions along with the built in keys. We'd Park->BLF, Transfer->BLf, Direct to VM->BLF, Pickup->BLF, etc. It was all very useful. It's been a pain trying to work around these limitations. I really would like to avoid having people memorize feature codes and extension numbers (especially the operator with 80+ BLF's).

I guess I'll make a suggestion in the wishlist...

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - Yealink Support - 03-11-2014 12:46 PM

Sorry. We will add "transfer+prefix+BLF" in next major version.

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - CWR - 03-11-2014 01:02 PM

Please include the t38

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - nicknomo - 03-11-2014 01:47 PM

Thanks. Any way to use the BLF's in conjuction with other DSS keys would be ideal. Asterisk users would all be very grateful...

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - alexgonzalez - 07-23-2014 04:39 AM

(03-11-2014 12:46 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Sorry. We will add "transfer+prefix+BLF" in next major version.

any idea when this might happen, really needed here for this install. current version we are using is: 28.72.0.2

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - Clevelander - 08-15-2014 05:56 AM

(07-23-2014 04:39 AM)alexgonzalez Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:46 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Sorry. We will add "transfer+prefix+BLF" in next major version.

any idea when this might happen, really needed here for this install. current version we are using is: 28.72.0.2

Add me to the list of people patiently waiting this feature.

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - JamesK - 09-12-2014 01:50 AM

what i do for this is set up a prefix button and use the * in it and label it with transfer to voicemail.
when the call needs to be transferred, hit that button and dial the number. should be that easy

RE: Direct to voicemail transfer with BLF in asterisk - T46G - alexgonzalez - 09-12-2014 02:16 AM

(09-12-2014 01:50 AM)JamesK Wrote:  what i do for this is set up a prefix button and use the * in it and label it with transfer to voicemail.
when the call needs to be transferred, hit that button and dial the number. should be that easy

Yeah that's how we have it now, but too much jumping around from screen to screen if you are not on that one where you have it listed, and for the same key press you can just add the * in front of the ext yourself. Best if one key does it all. Thanks for your input though. They are adding this feature in the next release which i was told in thread it should be on 9/15. Much awaited....