Yealink Forums
Headset for PC and T46G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Headset for PC and T46G (/showthread.php?tid=13831)

Headset for PC and T46G - krisbulman - 04-11-2016 02:17 AM

Anyone have suggestions for a headset that works both on PC and the IP Phone without switching adapters? I noticed Plantronics has a bluetooth enabled USB headset (blackwire 720) but it's touted as a softphone + pc headset, and i don't see it on any compatibility charts.

I've even do a wired alternative if I could figure out the cables to have both the phone and the pc hooked up at the same time.

RE: Headset for PC and T46G - keffa - 04-11-2016 09:43 PM

(04-11-2016 02:17 AM)krisbulman Wrote:  Anyone have suggestions for a headset that works both on PC and the IP Phone without switching adapters? I noticed Plantronics has a bluetooth enabled USB headset (blackwire 720) but it's touted as a softphone + pc headset, and i don't see it on any compatibility charts.

I've even do a wired alternative if I could figure out the cables to have both the phone and the pc hooked up at the same time.

There are quite a few solutions to your problem. You need the headset to be a multi device with switching capabilities so the models I recommend are...

The Plantronics Savi 700 series headsets

Jabra 9400

Neither is particularly inexpensive but even if you do not go for these models, it demonstrates the switching functionality you need in the headset.

Oh and you may need the Yealink EHS36 adaptor.