Yealink Forums
Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P (/showthread.php?tid=1376)

Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - T22P Guy - 03-08-2014 06:04 AM

I have noticed, after some testing, that the incoming audio quality through the headset jack is not as good as the the quality through the handset jack. The same is true for the outgoing audio. (I have tried the Yealink headset but now use my Plantronics since it sounds better). I am now using a Plantronics M22 between the headset and the phone, but the difference in quality is the same as with the headsets connected directly to the phone.

This is a big deal for me as I spend most of my day on the phone with my headset.

I have set up my headset to work through the handset jack, to take advantage of the better quality. The disadvantage is that I have to physically lift the handset to go off hook to make calls.

I love this phone, but this feature is very annoying. Is there anything that can be done to improve the audio quality through the headset jack?

RE: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - Yealink Support - 03-11-2014 07:41 PM

Hi T22P Guy,

What is your version now? Do your other T22Ps have this issue ?
What do you mean that the audio quality isn't good? Does it break or the volume is small?

RE: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - T22P Guy - 03-12-2014 07:21 PM

(03-11-2014 07:41 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi T22P Guy,

What is your version now? Do your other T22Ps have this issue ?
What do you mean that the audio quality isn't good? Does it break or the volume is small?

I have version 7.72.0.25 installed. I only have 1 phone here in my home office so I don't have another phone to compare.

The audio does not break up and the volume is normal. It is just that the voice quality seems less natural on the headset jack - as if it were using a narrower band codec instead of the 711, Sorry, that is the best way I can describe it.

Sorry, that should have read "as if it were using a narrower band codec instead of the 729".

RE: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - Yealink Support - 03-13-2014 04:14 PM

Do you choose UAC in Session Refresher ?

RE: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - T22P Guy - 03-14-2014 05:36 AM

(03-13-2014 04:14 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Do you choose UAC in Session Refresher ?

Yes, UAC is selected for all 3 accounts for Session Refresher.

RE: Voice Quality of Headset Jack T22P - Yealink Support - 03-17-2014 04:34 PM

The biggest possiblity is that the T20P's headset jack is bad.
So please ask your seller for RMA.