Yealink Forums
T48G with wifi does not display mac address - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T48G with wifi does not display mac address (/showthread.php?tid=13515)

T48G with wifi does not display mac address - freak - 03-24-2016 03:22 AM

I'm using the firmware 35.80.0.95 with one of the new wf40 dongles and it works great. The problem is that the mac address of the wifi adapter is not shown anywhere on the phone or in the web interface. The phone shows the mac of the wired adapter. The only way I could find it was to look through the dhcp leases on my dhcp server.

RE: T48G with wifi does not display mac address - Karl_Yealink - 03-24-2016 05:36 PM

Would you please tell me why do you need to know the MAC address of the adapter?

And where do you see the mac address when the phone connect to wired adapter.

RE: T48G with wifi does not display mac address - freak - 03-24-2016 08:25 PM

(03-24-2016 05:36 PM)Yealink_Karl Wrote:  Would you please tell me why do you need to know the MAC address of the adapter?

All kinds of reason. First was that I wanted to set it up as static dhcp which is where you map a mac address to an ip address permanently on the dhcp server. So the only thing I could do was allow it to attach to the network via dhcp, look through the leases, find the mac, then set it up in dhcp as static. Also we might use it for troubleshooting network/phone issues.

(03-24-2016 05:36 PM)Yealink_Karl Wrote:  And where do you see the mac address when the phone connect to wired adapter.

Menu - Status - General - MAC: (same place the ip address and firmware version is shown)

RE: T48G with wifi does not display mac address - Karl_Yealink - 04-08-2016 09:13 AM

Menu - Status - General - MAC: The Mac is the phones' MAC address, it's not the MAC address of the IP.

Sorry that we can't support this right now.