Yealink Forums
T38G transfer failed - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: T38G transfer failed (/showthread.php?tid=1335)

T38G transfer failed - Barnabas - 02-27-2014 02:49 PM

Hello,

We shipped 4 new T38G phones 6 months ago to one of our customers. The phones worked fine last few months until we got calls from our customer last week complaining about transfer problem.

When an external call is received (say at extension 7020) and the operator tries to transfer the call to another extensions (say 7021) by dialing Transfer-7021-Transfer, the display of 7020 shows "transfer failed". Extension 7021 hears the ring but when she answers the call she hears the voice of 7020, not the outside caller. The outside caller hears MOH for a few seconds then there is complete silence. This happens 50% of the time. It happens to all other four phones as well.

All the phones came with the latest firmware 38.70.0.125. After hearing about this problem we tried upgrading the firmware on 7020 to 38.70.0.171 (AlloyCP RPS version) through our provisioning server. The logs show that extension 7020 downloaded all 3 files (MAC.cfg, y000000000038, and 38.70.0.171.rom) but it never upgraded to the new firmware.

Also, during the upgrade process the phone gets into a loop of downloading those 3 files repeatedly until I block the connection.

We logged remotely to a computer in that office and upgraded the firmware to 38.70.0.171. We also reset the phone so it downloaded the new configuration (through Yealink) RPS but the problem still exists. We tried upgrading a second phone but had exact same experience; firmware was downloaded multiple times (in a loop) but never got installed.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - jasit - 02-28-2014 11:39 AM

we just updated to 38.70.1.6 and that resolved our transfer issues with the phones, they transfer super fast now, before there was always a delay.

(02-27-2014 02:49 PM)Barnabas Wrote:  Hello,

We shipped 4 new T38G phones 6 months ago to one of our customers. The phones worked fine last few months until we got calls from our customer last week complaining about transfer problem.

When an external call is received (say at extension 7020) and the operator tries to transfer the call to another extensions (say 7021) by dialing Transfer-7021-Transfer, the display of 7020 shows "transfer failed". Extension 7021 hears the ring but when she answers the call she hears the voice of 7020, not the outside caller. The outside caller hears MOH for a few seconds then there is complete silence. This happens 50% of the time. It happens to all other four phones as well.

All the phones came with the latest firmware 38.70.0.125. After hearing about this problem we tried upgrading the firmware on 7020 to 38.70.0.171 (AlloyCP RPS version) through our provisioning server. The logs show that extension 7020 downloaded all 3 files (MAC.cfg, y000000000038, and 38.70.0.171.rom) but it never upgraded to the new firmware.

Also, during the upgrade process the phone gets into a loop of downloading those 3 files repeatedly until I block the connection.

We logged remotely to a computer in that office and upgraded the firmware to 38.70.0.171. We also reset the phone so it downloaded the new configuration (through Yealink) RPS but the problem still exists. We tried upgrading a second phone but had exact same experience; firmware was downloaded multiple times (in a loop) but never got installed.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - Barnabas - 02-28-2014 01:43 PM

Thanks for you suggestion Jasit.

Do you have the link to 38.70.1.6 firmware. Yealink's main website is still at 38.70.0.125. The UK website is at 38.70.23.9 but I was not sure if that will work.

Any suggestion or link are appreciated.
_Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - jasit - 02-28-2014 09:03 PM

ftp://ftp.yealink.com/00.Firmwares/T3X/3CX/

RE: T38G transfer failed - Barnabas - 03-01-2014 01:17 AM

Thanks Jasit. I tried the link but it asked for credentials. I used my yea-link forum credentials but couldn't get in. The firmware seems to be for 3CX systems.

Instead I downloaded the UK version and tested it on a T38G in a lab. I upgraded it using our provisioning server and it worked perfectly fine. Yet when I tried updating our customer's phones remotely (via auto-provisioning) it didn't work. Both configuration files and the firmware were downloaded but the firmware didn't get updated. Only changes in the config files got applied.

Earlier we upgraded the firmware on one of the phones in our customer,s office by logging remotely through a computer and manually resetting to factory defaults and then manually choosing the new firmware which was downloaded on the same computer. But that didn't fix the problem.

last night i tried upgrading the same phone and another phone to the new UK version but both downloaded the firmware but non of them applied the new firmware. Here is the log which shows the successful download code 200 and the file size:
(IP address) - - [27/Feb/2014:21:59:40 -0800] "GET /T38/38.70.23.9.rom HTTP/1.1" 200 24790096 "-" "Yealink SIP-T38G 38.70.0.125 00:15:65:45:f9:e1".

And the worst thing that happens is that the phones get in a loop trying to download those 3 files repeatedly. I had to stop the provisioning server each time to break the loop.
I believe that those batch of 4 phones have serious problems which need to be sent back.

_Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - jasit - 03-01-2014 01:31 AM

Sorry the username and password is yealinkftp.

I have never tried to autoprovision a firmware file before, so I am not sure.

RE: T38G transfer failed - Barnabas - 03-01-2014 01:52 AM

Thank you Jasit for your prompt response. I'll test this firmware in our labs.

I'm waiting for a response from the administrator for the best action plan. Unfortunately I can't constantly interrupt our customer's business by testing different options.

Please advise,
Thank you,
Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - Yealink Support - 03-04-2014 02:13 PM

Hi Barnabas,

Sorry for the late reply.
1. Do your customers make some changes before this issue happens?
2. What is the PBX server of your customer?
In order to do more troubleshootings, please supply me syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap. How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

RE: T38G transfer failed - Barnabas - 03-04-2014 04:06 PM

Hello Administrator,

Thanks for follow up. So I had a few problems:
1- could not upgrade the firmware through auto-provisioning although the firmware was downloaded by each phone.
2- phones got into a loop of downloading the same files repeatedly
3- Intermittently when transferring an external call it failed and customer lost the call.

I downloaded firmware 38.70.23.9 from UK (we are in US) to a computer at customer's office, then I applied to each phone locally. I mean I logged to a computer remotely (asked customer for their permission although they were almost frustrated) and forced a local firmware upgrade.

This upgrade fixed the first two problems immediately as I could see the results. I'm waiting to hear from the customer if the transfer problem is also resolved.

Regards,
Barnabas

RE: T38G transfer failed - Yealink Support - 03-04-2014 05:50 PM

Thanks to the feedback.