Yealink Forums
Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2

Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-25-2014 01:34 AM

Hello.

My name is Fernando Alba, we are the spanish representatives of Matrix Comsec , and Indian IP PBX maker. We are offering your Yealink phones as companions with our PBX since you have very good features and pricing.

While I was doing tests with Yealink T26P (station "46") I have noticed that MWI indication on "message" key works perfectly (led becomes lit when new message is available on mailbox) but you can't use "message" key
to access the voice mail box to check the message.
This behavior is very common on PBX DKP phones, where the same key that signals MWI allows the access to voice mail box when you push it.

I have found that it doesn't work as expected because T26 sends "request invite" to its own phone sip instead of sending the request invite to the voice mail box access code ("3931"). Since Yealink T26 MWI subscription doesn't allow to program a voicemail box access code ("3931"), we can't make it work.

This is what T26 sends to IP PBX when you push "message" key:

Request: INVITE sip:46@192.168.1.251:5060, with session description

This is what should be requesting.

Request: INVITE sip:3931@192.168.1.251:5060, with session description

Would you be so kind to consider to add this feature to newer firmware versions?. This potentially affects all the other Yealink phones that are sold to be used with Matrix Eternity pbx.

Currently, I got working both BLF and MWI with our PBX and only this minor thing is refraining the perfect compatibility and can be useful for other IP PBXs.

I will be glad to provide additional background and wireshark traces if needed.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - CWR - 02-25-2014 06:57 AM

In ACCOUNTS -> BASIC there is a line that reads "VOICEMAIL"

I have ext 9999 in there, which is our 3cx Voicemail server and it works.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-25-2014 04:16 PM

(02-25-2014 06:57 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  In ACCOUNTS -> BASIC there is a line that reads "VOICEMAIL"

I have ext 9999 in there, which is our 3cx Voicemail server and it works.

Thanks for your answer craigreilly, but it doesn't solve the issue.
I had already found "voicemail" line in ACCOUNTS --> Advanced (not on basic) but that's part of the problem, I mean:

I need to put "46" (station SIP ID) in "ACCOUNTS --> Advanced --> Voice Mail", so T26 can correctly suscribe to station "46" MWI.
T26 will fail to suscribe to MWI if "ACCOUNTS --> Advanced --> Voice Mail" is set to "3931" value, so it is clear that "46" must be here in this field. But since Matrix voice mail access code is "3931" (can be changed, but it's a common code for all stations) when
you push "message" key, if MWI is properly configured, my phone will dial "46" and not "3931".

Kindly, I would need this to be reworked in two fields.

A) "Subscribe MWI" where phone will request suscribe to account SIP ID MWI (after all, IP MWI needs to be suscribed
with SIP ID value in most other PBX I have seen, so there should be no need to fill anything here, isn't it?).

B) "Alternative Voice mail access code", where you can put the appropiate voice mail box access code when needed,
for PBX that have special code to connect to VM, like mine. So when you put a code here, T26 will dial this code instead of calling to SIP ID.

In order to maintain compatibility and programming comvenience, by example with 3CX (which as per your comment, works fine),
"B)" field should be optional, and only used if filled.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - Yealink Support - 02-25-2014 04:54 PM

Hi fernando.lagper,

Can you send me syslog level 6,config.bin and wireshark traces? That i can know how it work with your PBX and how you configure the phone.
Do you set the voice mail code in the account?

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - CWR - 02-26-2014 01:01 AM

Must be something with the PBX. We use 3cx and that field works as i described.
good luck.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-26-2014 02:27 AM

I will provide such information as soon as possible, thanks for your interest.
Craigreilly, yes I think that we need an special adaptation for our PBX, thanks.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-26-2014 07:37 PM

(02-25-2014 04:54 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi fernando.lagper,

Can you send me syslog level 6,config.bin and wireshark traces? That i can know how it work with your PBX and how you configure the phone.
Do you set the voice mail code in the account?

I have uploaded everything within a single zip file in original post for your reference.

To clarify this, issue is that T26 does subscribe and properly notifies MWI, but using "message" key makes T26 to call to
itself (46@192.168.1.251) instead of calling to "3931@192.168.1.251", which is what we need.

If I set "3931" instead of "46" on "Account --> Advanced --> Voice Mail" I can call to voice mail but I have no MWI notification (wireshark shows 403 Invalid request coming from our Eternity).

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - Yealink Support - 02-27-2014 02:45 PM

Hi fernando.lagper,

We made a modify about the led in V72 now. You can change to enable voice mail light in webpage.
Please enter the webpage->Features->Power LED, enable "Voice/Text Mail Power Light Flash".

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-27-2014 04:27 PM

I had noticed that feature, but I haven't realised that I could use it that way.

Thanks.

In the mean time, I think that for the medium-long term, at least for me and my customers, it would be desirable if "message" key would work in the way I prefer, a single key to notice incoming voice messages
and being able to check them from the very same key.

Currently, the DKP and SIP DKP phones of my PBX, and from older PBX brands we have carried all behave in the same way, so this would be consistent and comfortable for new customers.

Thanks again.

RE: Different voicemail box access code for MWI feature - fernando.lagper - 02-27-2014 10:24 PM

(02-27-2014 02:45 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi fernando.lagper,

We made a modify about the led in V72 now. You can change to enable voice mail light in webpage.
Please enter the webpage->Features->Power LED, enable "Voice/Text Mail Power Light Flash".

After testing, this doesn't solve or aleviate our issue.

In order to properly receive MWI notify packets, "voice mail" field value must be set to "46" (sip station number).
So the only way we have to direct access to station VM box is to use another DSS key with VM access code "3931" or hand dial it.

As long as T26 is subscribing to PBX with "Voice mail" field value, this feature will never work for IP PBXs whose VM access code
is different from SIP account number, like ours.

Thanks again for your patience.