Yealink Forums
Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone (/showthread.php?tid=1281)

Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - julesa - 02-21-2014 06:29 AM

It would be so very nice if I could configure a single phone using the web interface, then click a button that would export working auto-provisioning files from the phone's existing configuration.

I think it would reduce support costs considerably if we didn't have to worry about making sure we had the right autoprovisioning template for the right phone, with the right firmware version, and so on. Just config the phone with the web interface, export the autoprovisioning files, copy them to the autoprovisioning server, and then customize the few bits that are different from phone to phone within the same organization.

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - Yealink Support - 02-25-2014 04:39 PM

Hi julesa,

It is a good idea and we will add this feature in futurre version. We have considered this feature and decided to do it.

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - julesa - 02-27-2014 08:56 AM

(02-25-2014 04:39 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi julesa,

It is a good idea and we will add this feature in futurre version. We have considered this feature and decided to do it.

Excellent!!! Thank you!

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - nicknomo - 03-13-2014 10:42 AM

I just made a post to suggest just this... but then I saw this was the same suggestion and deleted it.

I think this is an awesome idea. It would save a ton of work, and you'd be making a difficult and time consuming process much much easier. This would add a ton of value to the phones.

For Yealink, I think this would be big for their resellers, and you'd end up selling a lot more phones because of ease of deployment.

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - TheShniz - 03-14-2014 06:11 AM

+1 ... me too!

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - rlsabin - 03-14-2014 07:13 AM

This is an awesome idea...

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - Nate Abramson - 04-02-2014 02:04 AM

(02-25-2014 04:39 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi julesa,

Is there an ETA for an export of the config file from a T46G. I have just received 23 of them and would like to have this feature.

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - Yealink Support - 04-02-2014 10:21 PM

Hi We are testing a Configuration Generation tool internally.
Do you want to have a try?
CGT tool 2.0.0.11 and guide

Smile

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - nicknomo - 04-04-2014 12:24 AM

(04-02-2014 10:21 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi We are test a Configuration Generation tool internally.
Do you want to have a try?
CGT tool 2.0.0.11

Smile

I'm playing with this tool now, it looks very useful. Just out of curiosity, which firmware revision is generated with this code? Is this v72 compatible?

Some suggestions to further improve this:

1) Integrate this with your documentation (tool tips would be helpful). Otherwise you have to search for the feature in your documentation every time you want to make a change.

2) Import .bin file from the phones export feature. I personally set up my phones manually, and got it working with a manual setup... then painstakingly reproduced it in the auto-config. Maybe others can chime in on how their initial setup went, but that is the way I did mine.

RE: Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone - Yealink Support - 04-09-2014 03:23 PM

Hi nicknomo,

Thank you for your opinions.
This tool can generate below syntaxs. You can refer to more details in user guide.
->SIP - T28P, SIP - T26P, SIP - T22P, SIP - T21P, SIP - T20P, SIP - T19P, SIP - T48G, SIP - T46G, SIP - T42G
and SIP - T41P IP phones running firmware version 72 or later
->SIP - T38G, SIP - T32G and VP530 IP phones running firmware version 70 or later