Yealink Forums
New Firmware - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: New Firmware (/showthread.php?tid=12761)

New Firmware - bigpk - 02-15-2016 01:10 AM

I am deploying all new T46G phones and upon boot they update their FW to 28.71.0.182. I see that the current FW on your site is 28.80.0.95. I downloaded this version and tried to update but they stay at 28.71.0.182. Do I need to do FW updates incrementally from 28.71.0.182?

thanks

RE: New Firmware - tsukraw - 02-15-2016 11:46 AM

you should be able to upgrade direct.
Are you upgrading through the web interface of the phone?

Does your Pbx maybe hold the upgrade files as well? SO they go back to the old version if it doesnt match the Pbx version?

RE: New Firmware - bigpk - 02-15-2016 09:16 PM

(02-15-2016 11:46 AM)tsukraw Wrote:  you should be able to upgrade direct.
Are you upgrading through the web interface of the phone?

Does your Pbx maybe hold the upgrade files as well? SO they go back to the old version if it doesnt match the Pbx version?

I tried upgrading via the web browser and it looked successful. I don't think my phone system holds and distributes the FW. I am using a Barracuda 370.

RE: New Firmware - tsukraw - 02-16-2016 12:15 AM

Hmm, i haven't played with one of those units for a long time.
Do you know how to export a phones config?
Go to the IP address/ Settings / Configuration.
There should be a export there for config. I'm hoping that old firmware has it.

Could you export the config and sned it to me in a private message. I will take a look to see if the barracuda has a firmware file specified in the config.

To me it sounds like it does.

RE: New Firmware - bigpk - 02-25-2016 07:31 PM

So I did some poking around. I turned off autoprovisioning on the Cudatel system and connected a new phone. The FW on the phone is 28.80.0.70 (out of the box). When I turn on autoprovisioning, the phone goes through an updating FW and the new version is 28.71.0.182. So the Cudatel is downgrading the FW. I would like to have these phones get their provisioning from configuration files because there are settings you can do at the phone and not in the Cudatel manager. I'll send the config. thanks!