Yealink Forums
T42G Will not update firmware - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T42G Will not update firmware (/showthread.php?tid=12442)

T42G Will not update firmware - itdweeb99 - 02-10-2016 06:00 AM

We have an office of about 15 T42G phones. All of these phones are running firmware 29.73.0.45. I'm having a weird issue with action URLs getting truncated. Yealink recommended that I updated to the latest version of firmware. I downloaded the latest version and attempted to apply it to 3 different phones. None of the phones seem to take the new firmware. The phone acts as though the upgrade goes through properly but when I check the firmware, it still shows the old version. Yealink is closed for 2 weeks or something ridiculous so I can't get a response from them. Any ideas as to why the firmware won't take? I've tried several different versions including 29.80.0.60 and 29.80.0.70. Both had the same result on all three phones that I tried.

RE: T42G Will not update firmware - itdweeb99 - 02-11-2016 02:39 AM

There is a brand new version of firmware on yealinks site for the T42G. I downloaded it and applied it to one of our phone and I am actually seeing what is happening. I think it is applying the new firmware and then rolling back to the old version because for just a few seconds, I saw that the phone was reporting the new firmware version in our 3cx console. However, 30 seconds later, I notice that the phone is offline. Once the phone comes back online, I see it showing the old firmware version in the 3cx console and on the phone interface.