Yealink Forums
Failover Between SIP Accounts - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Failover Between SIP Accounts (/showthread.php?tid=12306)

Failover Between SIP Accounts - kgmoney - 01-29-2016 10:49 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to have failover between SIP accounts? I know you can have failover within a SIP account (two servers), but what I would like to do is have SIP account 1 be my primary account that I make calls on, and if it becomes unavailable I want to automatically switch to SIP account 2. Once SIP account 1 is available again, I want to automatically switch back to using SIP account 1.

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: Failover Between SIP Accounts - Yealink_Michael - 01-30-2016 05:33 AM

hi Kevin

thanks for your information

for this kind of situation , it is not the IP Phone side function , i believe that it can be done on sip server side more clear

when the server side know that extension 1 is unregistered , then server transfer all calls to extension 2

Once SIP account 1 is available again,sip server automatically switch back to account 1

TKS & BR

Michael

Holiday Note : Our office will be closed from 4th, Feb. 2016 to 14th, Feb, 2016 due to CNY holidays.

RE: Failover Between SIP Accounts - kgmoney - 01-30-2016 06:24 AM

Ya, that makes sense, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Basically, I would like to have a second account setup on my phone(s) that goes straight to my sip provider. Account 1 would be setup with my pbx, but if my pbx died, then account 2 would still work until my pbx was brought back up.

Thanks,
Kevin