Yealink Forums
Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed (/showthread.php?tid=1228)

Pages: 1 2

Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - braymond - 02-11-2014 05:21 AM

Hi support,

Here's the scenario:

1. An incoming call rings my T2xP phone
2. I answer the call and put it on hold
3. I press a BLF key to call an extension
4. The held call is transfered to that extension

Another scenario:

1. An incoming call rings my T2xP phone
2. I answer the call and put it on hold
3. I press a SpeedDial key associated to a feature for paging
4. I speak what I have to say and hangup
5. The held call is disconnected

Another interesting point is that if I put a call on hold and put the handset onhook and then lift the handset again, the phone does not give me a free line (All of my 6 Line Keys are associated to Line 1) ...

I would have expected the phone to give me another line, no?

I am using the latest 2.72 firmware and I have attached the config file.

Thanks,
Benoit

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - braymond - 02-12-2014 09:53 AM

Of course if I explicitly press another line button and I then press the BLF or Speeddial button, it will work.

But that makes the operation of the phone not very user-friendly.

I even tried to create another account so I would have two accounts; I then made the incoming calls to go to the Line 2 and kepts the BLF and Speeddial buttons on Line 1. Still, if I put the caller (that is on Line 2) onhold and I press the BLF or speeddial key, I get the same behavior.

I hate to compare but Aastra phones have the concept of "Preferred Line" ... why Yealink phones lack (or seem to lack) this concept?

Thanks

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Yealink Support - 02-17-2014 08:40 PM

Hi braymond,

Can you supply me syslog level 6, and pcap?
1. Before you export the syslog, please set syslog level as 6, and reboot the phone
2. then enter the webpage, find the pcap feature, click Start ,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop, and export the pcap, syslog, config.bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshots.)
These three files are very important to us, hope you can kindly understand.

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - braymond - 02-25-2014 01:06 AM

Hi Support,

Here are the requested files.

Basically, a call came into the system to my T28P phone. I pressed the hold key to place the call on-hold and I then pressed the BLF key to call another number while my call was held.

The held call got transfered to the extension. Of course, if I explicitly press a line key before pressing the BLF, the held call stays on my phone.

The desired effect would be that a BLF or speeddial key would use a free line so the held call remains on the phone.

Thanks

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Netpro25 - 03-01-2014 04:36 AM

Braymond,
The first scenario you mentioned, is the same exact issue that I am having in my own thread that I just created.

Just to let you know, that you are not the only one.

My thread:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1343

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Yealink Support - 03-04-2014 04:29 PM

Hi all,

I have submitted your issue to our R&D. If any update, i will contact with you again.

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Yealink Support - 03-07-2014 04:25 PM

Please enter the webpage->Features->Transfer->Transfer Mode Via Dsskey

It configures the DSS key behavior during an active call when user
presses the DSS key and the DSS key is configured as a speed dial, transfer or BLF/BLF list key.
0-New Call
1-Attended Transfer
2-Blind Transfer
The default value is 2.

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - braymond - 03-07-2014 09:16 PM

If I put a call on hold, it shouldn't be considered "active" but rather "held" and therefore the transfer mode should not be triggered.

Or else tell me how I can setup my DSS keys so I have the following:

Key 1 => Put an active call on hold (if not already) and initiate a new call with a predefined dialed number (Like a Paging key to speakers or Intercom)
Key 2 => A blind transfer key that transfers the active call (I could live with a held call too) to another extension

Thanks

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - Yealink Support - 03-11-2014 06:38 PM

Sorry. We don't seperate NEW CALL or BLIND TRANSFER feature via DSSKey now. We will modify this option in future version.

RE: Manually held call is transfered if BLF key is pressed - BrettB - 03-13-2014 11:34 AM

(03-07-2014 09:16 PM)braymond Wrote:  If I put a call on hold, it shouldn't be considered "active" but rather "held" and therefore the transfer mode should not be triggered.

I completely agree. A call on hold should not be transferred when I just press a BLF key. When the phone is "idle" (whether a call is on hold or not), and I press a BLF key, it should initiate a new call to the BLF extension.