Yealink Forums
T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' (/showthread.php?tid=12269)

T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - bocadelray - 01-28-2016 02:59 AM

Hi, is it possible to eliminate the word 'Talking' from an assigned DSS Park (BLF) softkey? It is confusing to our users as they see the parked call, but since it also says 'Talking', they assume someone else picked up the parked call when it is still parked.

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - Yealink_Michael - 01-28-2016 06:14 AM

hi

thanks for your advise

for the present , we can't support , but we will submit your request to our product team for evaluation !

TKS & BR

Michael

Note : Our office will be closed from 4th, Feb. 2016 to 14th, Feb, 2016 due to CNY holidays.

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - bocadelray - 04-20-2016 12:34 AM

Hi Michael,

Are there any other options for configuring the on-screen call park text (specifically for T48G)? It just doesn't make sense to have a call parked in a slot that needs to be picked up, and on-screen it says "talking". All of my users are afraid to pick it up because they think someone else picked it up and is talking. Even though I've explained this to them, it is still confusing (understandably). I would even rather just see the "talking" text just go away, and not say anything. But it would be ideal if that "talking" txt could be replaced with CID, or something like that so you can keep track of who is in what slot when you have a lot of incoming calls and a lot of slots.

Thanks,

Jerry

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - abe_b - 04-20-2016 01:46 AM

(04-20-2016 12:34 AM)bocadelray Wrote:  Hi Michael,

Are there any other options for configuring the on-screen call park text (specifically for T48G)? It just doesn't make sense to have a call parked in a slot that needs to be picked up, and on-screen it says "talking". All of my users are afraid to pick it up because they think someone else picked it up and is talking. Even though I've explained this to them, it is still confusing (understandably). I would even rather just see the "talking" text just go away, and not say anything. But it would be ideal if that "talking" txt could be replaced with CID, or something like that so you can keep track of who is in what slot when you have a lot of incoming calls and a lot of slots.

Thanks,

Jerry

Support,

You could add me to the list of companies requesting this change.

Thanks,
Abe
http://www.Telpeer.com

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - total_communication - 11-23-2016 09:54 PM

(04-20-2016 01:46 AM)abe_b Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 12:34 AM)bocadelray Wrote:  Hi Michael,

Thanks,

Jerry

Support,

You could add me to the list of companies requesting this change.

Thanks,
Abe
http://www.Telpeer.com

Hi,

You can add me as another request to add this feature. Having the ability to have the 'Talking' text removed or present would be the best. I think on many PBXes you can have BLF keys do different functions so having the ability to have this changed would be great!

Thanks,

Chris
Total Communication Services.

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - llbcjosh - 05-10-2017 07:40 PM

I would also like to have this feature. For me though I just want to be able to remove the "Talking" text completely. When my users go on DND it sets their status as "Talking" which seems very silly when no one is on the phone actually talking. I just want to be able to remove the text completely and have the BLF go red when the phone is in use or on DND.

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - bflorin - 05-30-2017 08:41 PM

Also requesting to dump "talking" on BLF. This additional text confuses our labels for features.

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking' - russman - 07-13-2017 02:59 PM

Yes! This "Talking" needs to be removed. We use BLF Keys for a number of features including toggling/monitoring Day/Night mode status, toggling/monitoring queue login status, etc. To explain to a client's staff during training on their new phone system that various press button phone system features they have access to will falsely indicate "Talking" status and to ignore it is unprofessional. I will not be selling these phones to anyone until this is fixed.

Side note on GUI and DSS Keys: it would be great if when editing DSS Keys on the phone we had an on screen keyboard option instead of text toggle and using triple tapping the buttons below for labels.