Yealink Forums
Intercom & call transfers - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Intercom & call transfers (/showthread.php?tid=1218)

Intercom & call transfers - mitch - 02-07-2014 05:40 PM

I have 3 t20p phones.
Is it possible to set up on intercom between the phones on my own lan, or is this a service that can only be provided by my voip provider / asterisk.

I would like to be able to transfer calls between phones and also use it as an intercom without any further cost if possible.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - jasit - 02-07-2014 11:52 PM

if all three people are not on the phone at the same time, you could use a free 3cx licence on a windows machine. or you can go with a rasberrypi setup with freepbx, both are simple to setup and will give you the ability to connect to your voip provider as did's and have extentions in the office.

The current way that you have it setup sounds like if you do a transfer to another extention it costs you as a outbound and inbound call, so one call is now eating up additional bandwidth and acting like three calls.

original, transfer and the new call.

a internal pbx will cure that.

(02-07-2014 05:40 PM)mitch Wrote:  I have 3 t20p phones.
Is it possible to set up on intercom between the phones on my own lan, or is this a service that can only be provided by my voip provider / asterisk.

I would like to be able to transfer calls between phones and also use it as an intercom without any further cost if possible.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - mitch - 02-10-2014 12:12 AM

I have a raspberry pi indoors that does not get too much use. I am using raspbmc on it at present, i will take a google, but do you know if i will be able to use raspbmc & freepbx / raspbx on it at the same time?

Edit - i have just seen a reply from an ebay user that i asked the same question to. I do not think that it can be done.

(02-07-2014 11:52 PM)jasit Wrote:  if all three people are not on the phone at the same time, you could use a free 3cx licence on a windows machine. or you can go with a rasberrypi setup with freepbx, both are simple to setup and will give you the ability to connect to your voip provider as did's and have extentions in the office.

The current way that you have it setup sounds like if you do a transfer to another extention it costs you as a outbound and inbound call, so one call is now eating up additional bandwidth and acting like three calls.

original, transfer and the new call.

a internal pbx will cure that.

(02-07-2014 05:40 PM)mitch Wrote:  I have 3 t20p phones.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - mitch - 02-10-2014 06:03 PM

I have configured freepbx and my voip provider localphone is set up as the trunk provider.
I have also created 2 extensions on freepbx.
The problem that i now have is getting my yealink phones to accept the extensions from freepbx.
Can anyone help.
Sorry for all the recent questions, but i really appreciate it.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - Yealink Support - 02-27-2014 11:15 AM

Hi mitch,

I think Yealink phone can work with freepbx. You just need to register accounts in Yealink phones.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - jasit - 02-27-2014 12:03 PM

hey Mitch,

do you have the yealink phones registered with the voip provider and the freepbx?

you should have them setup as extensions on the freepbx system
say 201, 202, 203
then the freepbx system is connected to your voip provider.
create a inbound rule to where you want the initial calls to goto or a digital receptionist.

so create the extension, then login to the phones webpage and add the ext, display name, password, and voicemail ext.

RE: Intercom & call transfers - Yealink Support - 02-27-2014 02:23 PM

Thanks to jasit!