Yealink Forums
Ldap search on incoming call is not working - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Ldap search on incoming call is not working (/showthread.php?tid=1208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - gekran - 12-09-2014 05:40 PM

Hi Matthias,

I still have the same issue with the Yealink phones. As soon as the + sign is in front of the phone number the LDAP lookup is not working.

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - powermatz - 12-09-2014 05:54 PM

(12-09-2014 05:40 PM)gekran Wrote:  Hi Matthias,

I still have the same issue with the Yealink phones. As soon as the + sign is in front of the phone number the LDAP lookup is not working.

Ah, ok. It is good to know so my config is not the cause.
But it is not nice because th plus sign is a standard sign transmitted for the caller ID. So why is this bug still in the firmware???

Any idea on side of Yealink? Hello?

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - gekran - 12-09-2014 06:00 PM

The E164 number format is working without the + sign as far as I know. But there are providers who are sending the + sign in front of the E164 format.
To me it looks like a firmware issue on part of the Yealink phones.

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - Yealink_Jim - 12-10-2014 09:10 AM

Hi
Yes, the blookup4Dial should be 1.

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - powermatz - 12-10-2014 10:29 PM

(12-10-2014 09:10 AM)Yealink_Jim Wrote:  Hi
Yes, the blookup4Dial should be 1.

Hi, where can I find this setting?

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - gekran - 12-11-2014 12:26 AM

You can find this setting when you export the configuration settings of your telephone.

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - powermatz - 12-11-2014 01:15 AM

(12-11-2014 12:26 AM)gekran Wrote:  You can find this setting when you export the configuration settings of your telephone.

OK, got it. Yes, it was set to zero.
I updated the firmware to beta version 23. Here the setting is enabled for call er id lookup. But even here it isn't working with the plus sign....

Can anyone help here?

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - gekran - 12-11-2014 01:18 AM

I don't believe the blookup4dial has anything to do with not functioning of ldap when + sign is in front of the number.

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - powermatz - 12-11-2014 02:08 AM

(12-11-2014 01:18 AM)gekran Wrote:  I don't believe the blookup4dial has anything to do with not functioning of ldap when + sign is in front of the number.

OK, here is what I found out reading the log files: because the number string starts with the + sign it is interpreted as a name, so only cn and sn is searched in LDAP directory.
But after adding the telephone number to the search string with the pipe sign | an error from the LDAP server is returned...

RE: Ldap search on incoming call is not working - Yealink_Jim - 12-16-2014 09:21 AM

(12-11-2014 02:08 AM)powermatz Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 01:18 AM)gekran Wrote:  I don't believe the blookup4dial has anything to do with not functioning of ldap when + sign is in front of the number.

OK, here is what I found out reading the log files: because the number string starts with the + sign it is interpreted as a name, so only cn and sn is searched in LDAP directory.
But after adding the telephone number to the search string with the pipe sign | an error from the LDAP server is returned...

Hi Powermatz,
Please try to use below syntax to check if it can solve this issue:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ldap.name_filter = (|(cn=%)(sn=%)(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))
ldap.number_filter = (|(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this issue!