Yealink Forums
Direct Pickup can't be disabled - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Direct Pickup can't be disabled (/showthread.php?tid=11949)

Direct Pickup can't be disabled - nsimpson - 01-03-2016 11:54 AM

I have T42s, T46s, T48s. My system Directed Call Pickup Code is **. I'm experiencing this issue with firmware 35.80.0.60, 29.80.0.70, 28.80.0.70.

If I set Directed Call Pickup on the phone to Disabled, the BLF for the monitored extension flashes (as expected), but when I push the BLF, it does a directed call pickup, even though I've disabled it on the phone. I've even gone so far as to set the Directed Call Pickup Code to NULL and it still will do a directed call pickup.

I've had to disable the Directed Call Pickup for my entire system to prevent unauthorized extensions from picking up phone calls they shouldn't be able to pickup. Disabling the Directed Call Pickup for the entire system still doesn't prevent the phones from attempting to do the pickup.

Upon further digging, I figured out that there are directed call pickup settings: account.x.direct_pickup_code, features.pickup.direct_pickup_code, and features.pickup.direct_pickup_enable. Setting features.pickup.direct_pickup_enable to 0 isn't enough to prevent the directed call pickup attempts. I had to Null out both direct_pickup_code spots and also set direct_pickup_enable to 0 in order for the phone to not attempt to do a direct pickup when the blf is flashing. I would expect that features.pickup.direct_pickup_enable would disable it system wide, but clearly that isn't the case. It would seem to make sense to remove the redundant pickup_code's as I have to wonder what would happen if different codes were specified in different spots.

RE: Direct Pickup can't be disabled - Karl_Yealink - 01-05-2016 05:18 AM

Would you please tell me why you want to disable the direct call pickup.
If the BLF is lit, press the BLF button, the phone will pick up the monitor number.
Even though you disable the directly call pick up,if you press the BLF button, it will pickup the call.

The call pickup function is relate to the DSS key of Direct Pickup and Group Pickup.