Yealink Forums
T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. (/showthread.php?tid=11930)

T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - vianneyjs - 01-01-2016 05:00 AM

This phone was working perfectly for two days connected to OpenVPN running on my PFSense firewall.

I created a new client certificate for this phone on PFSense, then exported the config, and then uploaded the VPN config to the phone, after rebooting the phone did not connect to VPN.

I decided to factory reset the phone, then re-uploaded the new VPN config, then the phone rebooted and got connected to VPN, and then I was able to register the extension.

If the phone is reset/power cycle it will not connect to VPN, unless I factory reset it and re-upload the VPN config.

Firmware version: T21P_E2-52.80.0.70

Syslog verbose 6 is attached.

Please advise.

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

I managed to resolved this issue, I would call this a bug.

It is reproducible if the Secondary Server (NTP) under Settings ---> Date and Time is blank.

Please refer to the attached screenshot and syslog-2 (Verbose 3).

Thank you.

RE: T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - Yealink_Michael - 01-01-2016 06:14 AM

hi

thanks for your information

would you please kindly upload the .tar file and server.ovpn file to us for double check

as you have configured the NTP server by yourself , so , we just wonder if the time display on the phone is beyond the validity time marked on the certificates

you can also check on your side , just double click the certificates and find the detailed information !

TKS & BR
Michael

RE: T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - vianneyjs - 01-01-2016 08:42 AM

I just emailed you the tar file.

Where is the server.ovpn located in PFSense 2.2.x?

- With the default Time & Date settings after factory reset: Date displayed on the phone was 1/1/2016 --> VPN connected

- With only Primary Server (local NTP Serve) and Secondary Server (BLANK): 1/1/2016 --> no VPN connection.

- With the Primary Server (local NTP Server) and Secondary Server (any public Public NTP Server) : current date and time of the PFSense and other network devices on my LAN --> VPN connected

I was able to reproduce this issue several times until I figured out the "workaround" mentioned above.

RE: T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - Yealink_Michael - 01-05-2016 01:46 PM

hi

thanks for your reply , but it seems that we didn't received your email , so would you please kindly send it to our 24 hours work email support@yealink.com so that we can follow up in time!

TKS & BR
Michael

RE: T21P E2 OpenVPN: After replacing the VPN Config it will not connect. - jmoore - 06-23-2016 08:20 PM

Hi,

If in case you're interested in a CTI solution that will integrate your CRM to your phone system, you can check out a company called Tenfold. They offer features such as click to dial, automatic call logging, easy note taking and task creation, screen pops on inbound and outbound calls, new lead/contact creation when no matching records, support for cases/opportunities and advanced analytics on the backend.

https://www.tenfold.com/integrations/yealink/