Yealink Forums
Importing a Directory file with T46G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Importing a Directory file with T46G (/showthread.php?tid=1159)

Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 01-11-2014 08:11 AM

I am not sure if i am doing this correct or not. So added all the names and numbers into the web gui for the T46G. After that I exported it to an xml file. I took that file put in a tftp server.

In this section i added the following to the configuration file:

#############
## Contact ##
#############
#Before using these parameters, you should store the desired resource files to the provisioning server.
#For more information, refer to Yealink SIP-T46G IP Phone Family Administrator Guide.
local_contact.data.url = tftp://ipaddress/filename.xml

meaning ipaddress = ip address of the tftp server
meaning filename.xml = file name of the xml document.

I rebooted the phone and can see it hit the tftp server and download but no directory shows up. Since I exported the file I am guessing all the information is correct on the export for what it would need to import.

what am i doing wrong here?

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - Yealink Support - 01-11-2014 09:47 AM

Hi JamesK,

Sorry. It is a bug in this scenario.
1. I have submitted this bug to our R&D. We will solve this bug.
2. Or you can use our phonebook generation tool to build a local phonebook or remote phonebook.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/YealinkPhonebookGenerationTool-23072952205.zip

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 01-14-2014 07:07 AM

Ok this is still not working for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root_group>
<group display_name="All Contacts" ring="" />
<group display_name="Company" ring="" />
<group display_name="Family" ring="" />
<group display_name="Friend" ring="" />
<group display_name="Blacklist" ring="" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
<contact display_name="James" office_number="3145551212" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="0" ring="Auto" group_id_name="All Contacts" default_photo="" />
</root_contact>

I can get it to pull the file via tftp!
I cannot get this to pull via ftp with user id and password!
I can get it to pull via ftp with anonymous credentials.

the ftp string i am using is ftp://userid:password@ipaddress with my 3cdaemon. Can this work via FTP with userid and password? I am guessing since it worked via tftp that the file structure is good and via ftp with no user id password it works.

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 01-16-2014 12:24 PM

(01-11-2014 09:47 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi JamesK,

2. Or you can use our phonebook generation tool to build a local phonebook or remote phonebook.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/YealinkPhonebookGenerationTool-23072952205.zip

ok so it is a bug then? darn bugs I keep finding them. Thank you for telling me it is a bug so I can stop working on it. Will it be fixed in the next firmware update?

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 03-06-2014 07:29 AM

(01-11-2014 09:47 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi JamesK,

it has been close to 2 months on this, do we have an eta for a new firmware that will address this issue?

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - Yealink Support - 03-06-2014 10:24 AM

Hi JamesK,
1. Sorry. It will be added to the major version. The contact file that we export contact.xml from phone has different format with our contact template. Please delete is_favorate="0" in your contact.xml and auto provisioning to phone.

2. Is the username/password issue the bug for 3cdaemon? Do you change other ftp server and try again?

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 03-06-2014 11:21 PM

(03-06-2014 10:24 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi JamesK,
1. Sorry. It will be added to the major version. The contact file that we export contact.xml from phone has different format with our contact template. Please delete is_favorate="0" in your contact.xml and auto provisioning to phone.

2. Is the username/password issue the bug for 3cdaemon? Do you change other ftp server and try again?

The issue is not with 3cdaemon. I can use a regular ftp site. if i allow anonymous log in, meaning you do not need a user id or a password and just use ftp://ftp.place.com/foldername/filename.xml it works. As soon as i stop allowing anonymous log in and then require a password and do ftp://userid:password@ftp.place.com/foldername/filename.xml it will hit the site but not log in and not download. does that help clear it up?

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - Yealink Support - 03-11-2014 03:37 PM

Hi JamesK,

I have reproduced this issue and submitted to our R&D. Sorry for the late reply.

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - JamesK - 05-09-2014 09:31 PM

I have not tested this just yet but i wanted to know, has this been fixed in this this new firmware version? 28.72.0.25? I see nothing about it in the release notes!

RE: Importing a Directory file with T46G - Yealink Support - 05-12-2014 02:28 PM

Sorry. It doesn't solve this issue in this firmware. This scenario will induce some issues when receive contacts from server.
So our product department will evaluate to add or not in commercial firmware.