Yealink Forums
How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? (/showthread.php?tid=11349)

How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Accountiuseatwork - 11-07-2015 02:55 AM

Hi all Smile

I have a T28P system and love it BUT everyone here hates it when the headset is on the base and the phone rings and you pick it up off the base and by the time you get it on your head the person is live and waiting.

Is there a way to pick up the headset off its charging base without making it answer the call we decide to press answer (when we are ready)???

Many thanks

SB

RE: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Yealink_Michael - 11-07-2015 06:36 AM

hi SB

thanks for your information

for this , do you mean that the T28 connecting with a wireless headset ,and when you pick up the headset while the phone is ring , then the call will be answered automatically ?

please upgrade T28 to the last firmware and reset to test again , firmware download link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDownload/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2015-3-12%2F6%2F1cd942e1-2d1f-4cfb-b070-d92f77934423%2F2.73.0.50.zip

BTW, what is the headset model you are using ?

TKS & BR

Michael

RE: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Accountiuseatwork - 11-09-2015 09:21 PM

Hi Michael,

What I mean is that I don't want the headset to answer the ringing call when I lift the headset off the charging base. I want time to place it on my head and get myself ready for the call and then hit "answer" on the phone.

Thanks,

SB

RE: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Accountiuseatwork - 11-12-2015 02:58 AM

(11-07-2015 02:55 AM)Accountiuseatwork Wrote:  Hi all Smile

I have a T28P system and love it BUT everyone here hates it when the headset is on the base and the phone rings and you pick it up off the base and by the time you get it on your head the person is live and waiting.

Is there a way to pick up the headset off its charging base without making it answer the call we decide to press answer (when we are ready)???

Many thanks

SB

Anyone ? :-)

RE: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Accountiuseatwork - 11-20-2015 01:42 AM

Not even the company itself knows the answer lol ??

RE: How to stop headset from answering when taken off base? - Yealink_Michael - 11-21-2015 02:39 AM

hi

sorry for the misunderstanding , for this setting , there is no related parameter on Yealink phone side and i believe that it is not phone side issue !

would you please kindly connect your headset manufacturer for help , they should know this !

TKS & BR

Michael