Yealink Forums
Failover and register on enable config - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Failover and register on enable config (/showthread.php?tid=10960)

Failover and register on enable config - jmpg - 10-21-2015 02:32 AM

Hi,

I'm testing the T21P E2 with firmware 52.80.0.70 in failover scenarios.
I've the following configuration set;

account.1.sip_server.1.address = <my_domain_name>
account.1.sip_server.1.port = 0
account.1.sip_server.1.transport_type = 3
account.1.sip_server.1.expires = 180
account.1.sip_server.1.failback_mode = 2
account.1.sip_server.1.register_on_enable = 1

I was expecting that with this configuration set, when I try to call some other extension just after a primary server failure the phone would register to the secondary server prior to make the call, but that is not happening! The phone only sends an INVITE to the secondary server. Only after expiring half the registry expire time (90 secs in my setup) the phone will register with the secondary server. Is this a FW bug, or am I doing some config wrong?

Best regards,
José Gonçalves

RE: Failover and register on enable config - Yealink_Michael - 10-21-2015 06:10 AM

hello Jose

thanks for your information

for the Expires(30~7200s) of sip server , it is set by design as below :

30<X<1200, 2/x to register
X>1200, X-600 to register

so when you set 180, phone will re-register every 90 seconds, it is normal , not a bug

TKS & BR

Michael

RE: Failover and register on enable config - jmpg - 10-21-2015 09:11 AM

(10-21-2015 06:10 AM)Yealink_Michael Wrote:  hello Jose

thanks for your information

for the Expires(30~7200s) of sip server , it is set by design as below :

30<X<1200, 2/x to register
X>1200, X-600 to register

so when you set 180, phone will re-register every 90 seconds, it is normal , not a bug

TKS & BR

Michael

Michael,

My issue is not related with the register expire timeout, but with the phone not trying to send a REGISTER packet to the secondary server just after there is a failover condition, i.e., after there is no reply to the INVITE packets send to the primary server and when the config variable account.1.sip_server.1.register_on_enable is set to 1. When this config variable is set to 1 the phone should not register immediately to the secondary server on a failover condition?

Regards,
José Gonçalves

RE: Failover and register on enable config - jmpg - 10-27-2015 08:55 PM

Can you tell me what the variable "account.1.sip_server.1.register_on_enable" is supposed to change in the phone behaviour?