Yealink Forums
T38G V71 firmware release date? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: T38G V71 firmware release date? (/showthread.php?tid=1069)

Pages: 1 2

RE: T38G V71 firmware release date? - bcn engineer - 04-23-2014 02:01 AM

please confirm
yealink is not going to offer v71 or v72 for the 350+ phones we have deployed to fix various issues addressed in the updated firmware and feature enhancements
is there and end of life / end of sale date scheduled
also is yealink going to offer a trade up / trade in program

RE: T38G V71 firmware release date? - starion - 04-29-2014 06:55 AM

So, it appears I have been purchasing these phones for customers and there will be no continuing support. Nice.

If there had been some sort of "end of life" notice, I would have chosen something else. I'm now heavily committed to this model.

I'm going to start searching for a replacement. Not Yealink. This is not how you treat customers.

RE: T38G V71 firmware release date? - haley1977 - 05-06-2014 03:19 AM

(04-29-2014 06:55 AM)starion Wrote:  So, it appears I have been purchasing these phones for customers and there will be no continuing support. Nice.

If there had been some sort of "end of life" notice, I would have chosen something else. I'm now heavily committed to this model.

I'm going to start searching for a replacement. Not Yealink. This is not how you treat customers.

I too would liked to have known the T38's were end of life'd already. I've been ordering these for quite some time now and just received a new shipment just last week. I was checking in to see if there are any release dates for a 71 or 72 firmware for this model and was sorely disappointed.

A 72 was released for the T2x, why not the T3x? I checked the T38's resources and still do not see an EOL notification. Had there been I would have switched to ordering the T4x series. It's just bad form to update one older model without updating the others.

I hate documenting anything have to include "If you have this model phone do this... or if your phone is this do this..." stuff.

Maybe it is time to start considering a different brand if EOL notifications won't be posted. The way the T38 is advertised on the website it looks like it's still alive and being updated.