Yealink Forums
T42 skipping provisioning after upgrade - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T42 skipping provisioning after upgrade (/showthread.php?tid=10539)

T42 skipping provisioning after upgrade - blackc2004 - 10-08-2015 03:42 AM

I received a shipment of about (100) T42's in the past couple weeks and have noticed an annoying behavior. Here are my steps:

1) Add to RPS server
2) Add to my provision server (which includes firmware update to latest firmware)
3) Plug in phone
4) Phone boots, grabs provision information, does firmware update
5) Phone reboots, but skips getting provision information again

I have to go in and factory reset the phone to get it to get the provision again. Even going into the GUI and clicking "provision now" button doesn't seem to force the phone to grab the config

I don't see this on the T46, T22 or the T48's that I've been provisioning and they are doing the exact same functions. It's just frustrating because I feel that I can't drop ship phones to customers without going through this process..

RE: T42 skipping provisioning after upgrade - blackc2004 - 12-21-2015 11:30 PM

Hi, Any feedback on this? I think the problem is that there's a limit on how many times it can provision on a short period. But I thin after doing a firmware update, you should always force a provision.

With the phones acting like this, it's impossible for me to drop ship them to customers.