Yealink Forums
Remote Phone Book Search - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Remote Phone Book Search (/showthread.php?tid=1052)

Remote Phone Book Search - vondie - 11-26-2013 04:24 AM

I saw a thread on the T2x Series forums that a phone book search is/has been added to the T2x style phones. Does the T3x phones have this search feature for the remote phone Book?

Tim

RE: Remote Phone Book Search - jasit - 11-26-2013 09:52 AM

ya it does, multiple different ways, you can use a ldap server, or have a central xml file, for caller name lookup on outbound calls we use the xml file that gets pulled to the phones every night when they auto provision.

jasit

(11-26-2013 04:24 AM)vondie Wrote:  I saw a thread on the T2x Series forums that a phone book search is/has been added to the T2x style phones. Does the T3x phones have this search feature for the remote phone Book?

Tim

RE: Remote Phone Book Search - vondie - 11-27-2013 11:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, but not sure I understand. The 3cx system populates a phone book that is an xml file that I can access at the phone using a soft key. While I'm looking at the list of names and extensions, I would like to be able to press a key that would sort the list by the letter of the key pressed. For example, when the list comes up, it lists the names and extensions alphabetically starting with A. I would like to be able to press the 8 key which would then prompt the phone to jump to the Ts instead of having to scroll all the way through the entire list.

RE: Remote Phone Book Search - jasit - 11-28-2013 04:48 AM

Ok, I used the contactdata.xml file that is uploaded to the phone

when you hit a key it will bring up the search option and then you can type the name in hitting 4 4 4 will create I.

so you can spell out the name you want or hit the okay button to show every name with the letter I in it.

RE: Remote Phone Book Search - vondie - 11-28-2013 05:37 AM

I'm guessing I need to load some other file to make the search work. While viewing the 3CX phonelist, I hit a key, say 4, I get the following message:

Note: The URL is empty.