Yealink Forums

Full Version: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a config file is passed and no value is defined for a key that is programmed, it does not overwrite the old values.

Example: A BLF is configured as a call-flow toggle, but we need it gone.

Erasing the *xxx value and setting the key no N/A in freePBX, or simply deleting the entry directly from the config file, will not actually disable the BLF. But if set it to just * then it just dials that if hit. At least no BLF light is present on that key any longer, though.

I should not have to use webadmin, be remotely near the phone, or set a bad value just to clear this. It affects any Yealink phone or sidecar I have used.

Is there another/ better way?
I concur. That would be a 'must' feature to completely wipe out the old configuration and load the new one. That said, instead of putting "N/A" for every line that we need to make it blank, there should be a autoprovisioning line to "reset to factory settings" before loading the new configuration.

Currently, I have to remotely log into a pc and connect to the customer's phone to reset it and then upload the new configuration.

The new firmware with RPS link makes things much easier. I ask customer just to press the "OK" button for 10 seconds. It resets configuration and then goes to the Yealink's RPS server, which points to our configuration server.

Barnabas
Hi all,

Thanks for your opinions. Your requests have been submitted to the product department.
Hi all

I completely agree: With the current Auto-Provisioning mechanism you are only able to provision phones that have no config at all. It currently doesn't help if the phone has been misconfigured by the webinterface.

With Auto-Provisioning it must be possible to clear all defined settings (except the AES-Keys for the config-file encryption) before applying the new settings.

(But it's still better than having to configure each phone manually)

Mark
I assume you are already aware that there is an easy way to blank out a give field by putting %NULL%. For example if the phone was provisioned with:
account.1.label = blabla

you can make it blank with:
account.1.label = %NULL%

This comes very handy when you don't want to erase customer data (phone book, etc) by resetting to factory defaults.

Barnabas
(06-05-2015 06:03 AM)Barnabas Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you are already aware that there is an easy way to blank out a give field by putting %NULL%. For example if the phone was provisioned with:
account.1.label = blabla

you can make it blank with:
account.1.label = %NULL%

This comes very handy when you don't want to erase customer data (phone book, etc) by resetting to factory defaults.

Barnabas

Yes sorry I never updated the thread but I did find this eventually and is a logical and usable solution.
Reference URL's