Yealink Forums

Full Version: Local Phonebook problems with XML in x.71.0.149
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am testing the new firmware 2.71.0.149 (3cx) and my local contact list was cleared as in thread: http://forum.yealink.com:81/forum/showth...p?tid=979.
But:
I am autoprovisioning the local contacts.
Yealink changed the XML format!
It imports the old format, but only the groups! The contacts aren't.
Old format (XML ok):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<contactData>
  <groupinfo>
    <group name="EXTERN1" ring="Auto" />
    <group name="SPECIAL" ring="Auto" />
  </groupinfo>
  <group sGroupName="" sGroupRing="">
    <contact sOfficeNumber="12345" group="EXTERN1" sDisplayname="Test1" sMobilNumber="" sOtherNumber="" sLine="0" sRing="Auto" />
    <contact sOfficeNumber="54321" group="SPECIAL" sDisplayname="Test2" sMobilNumber="" sOtherNumber="" sLine="0" sRing="Auto" />
  </group>
  <blacklist>
  </blacklist>
</contactData>

I exported a new local contact list through XML export, the XML is not an XML conform XML any more!
If I convert it manualy this works, but is is not na XML anymore! (no well formed root container)
This XML works on autoprovisioning (and IMPORT) but fails on any XML-parser i tried:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root_group>
    <group display_name="EXTERN1" ring="" />
    <group display_name="SPECIAL" ring="" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
  <contact display_name="Test" office_number="12345" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="0" ring="Auto" group_id_name="EXTERN1" />
  <contact display_name="Test2" office_number="54321" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="0" ring="Auto" group_id_name="SPECIAL" />
</root_contact>

If I add manualy a dummy group so that the XML is conform, I get a invalid file at import.
Please help, CSV is not an option, I will not go back in time.

Best regards,
Boris.
Hi pavlinic,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
You can try our new phonebook generation tool. It supplys a fast way to generate a local phonebook.xml and remote phonebook.xml.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T2X/T2X-V7...280292.zip
Hello I am having the same problem. I have tried to use your new phonebook generation tool. It still doesn't work for me. Any help?
Hi Salim Shrestha,

Do you run it in EXCEL 2010? Or enable the macro of excel.
I have the same problem.
The xml contact is generate correctly by the excel tool but the telephone says error file at import.
(07-11-2014 09:56 PM)eestay Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem.
The xml contact is generate correctly by the excel tool but the telephone says error file at import.

Hi guys, i got the same problem.
On, T38G - 38.70.248.36 and VP530 23.70.248.202 and T28P 2.72.0.30
Whats wrong ?! Nothing works with Yealink.
I got here more than 10 phone's here. All got the same issue.

EDIT: We need the "phonebook" function, asap. Before i return the phone's back!
EDIT2: Here another question, why are the phonebook function between T28P and T38G so different!? And why the T38G got no phonebook-lookup like the T28P?!
Reference URL's