Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46 common.cfg and {MAC}.cfg files question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is there a way to download the current configuration of a T46 phone into a CFG file? That way I could edit just that file and make it available on a TFTP server. Otherwise I have to manually edit the CFG files from scratch.

Another question: I can download (export) the current phone configuration at http://IP-of-phone/servlet?p=settings-config&q=load. However, this produces a .bin file with some binary content. What is the idea here? Is there a way to edit this file and re-import? I checked the content and it seems to contain some, but not all configuration lines that I would expect either in {mac}.cfg or common.cfg.

Yet another question: Basically, I'd like to adapt the MIC gain as mentioned here: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=736. Unfortunately, this very important setting is not exposed in the Web frontend of the phone, which I think is strange...
Anyway, the downloaded default CFG files from the yealink.com site do not contain
voice.handfree_send =
voice.handset_send =
voice.headset_send =
I did also not find those config values in the T46 admin guide...
Any pointer is welcome...

Thanks

Dan
Hi Dan,

1. Sorry. We don't have the tool to change configurations to cfg files now.
You just need to set the cfg template once and can save and use it for many phones.

2. Sorry, in considered to the audio quality, we disable adapting the MIC gain.
But i will submit your request to our product department again.
(11-05-2013 05:24 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dan,

1. Sorry. We don't have the tool to change configurations to cfg files now.
You just need to set the cfg template once and can save and use it for many phones.

2. Sorry, in considered to the audio quality, we disable adapting the MIC gain.
But i will submit your request to our product department again.

Thanks for your answer.
1 - I am used to Snom and Aastra. Snom is very convenient in that respect. You can save the current phone configuration in either XML or plain text format. Aastra phones can save their version of common.cfg and {mac}.cfg. I would whish this functionality for yealink phones as well. Snom and Aastra phones are much more easier to troubleshoot this way. I can export the config of two Snom or two Aastra phones in text format and just compare the files to find clues on possible configuration errors. While we are at it, Snom phones also show me a live logging on SIP traffic in the web frontend. And a perfect feature for remote troubleshooting related to user interaction is the possibility to show a phone display screendump in the web browser. With Aastra's I can at least log to a syslog server.
Anyway, I am still not understanding the export of .bin files. What are those for if I cannot edit them? I guess this is only for configuration backup? Perhaps I miss the point here..

2 - I just had to replace a (test) T-46 again with the old Aastra 55i they were using before. While the T-46 is appreciated a lot by this customer, the fact that they cannot change the MIC gain either on the phone or throughthe web interface, was a reason to stick longer with the old Aastra phones.

I use autoprovisioning on that site and basically it works fine with yealink. Things like MIC gain, however, is a individual setting which must be available to the phone user.

Dan
Hi DanH,

The send voice settings have a great influence on the echo cancellation. Those settings have been tested and debugged in factory, so they are the value in factory in default.
Reference URL's