Yealink Forums

Full Version: Auto Answer - Number of Rings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up a yealink t20p for the first time last night and i am enjoying playing with it.

Can someone please tell me how to change the amount of times the phone can ring before auto answering.

Firmware Version 9.61.23.16
Hardware Version 7.0.0.60

Thanks
Mitch
I dont think there is a number of rings - I think it autoanswers on first ring.
However, I would update to a current firmware as features are added all the time.
I think it is in the account menu.
Hi mitch,

Do you have a auto answer delay?
(Webpage->Phone->Features-> Auto-Answer Delay(1~4s)), you can set it as 4. Then theamount of times the phone can ring before auto answering will be added.
Can you try and feed back to me?
(10-25-2013 06:10 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mitch,

Do you have a auto answer delay?
(Webpage->Phone->Features-> Auto-Answer Delay(1~4s)), you can set it as 4. Then theamount of times the phone can ring before auto answering will be added.
Can you try and feed back to me?

Thank you, that has increased the length of time before the phone is auto answered. Although i have also noticed that the ring tone sounds completely different now that auto answer is enabled. It sounds more like an engaged tone to the peron in the room who is receiving the call, rather than the person dialling the number.

I think i will keep the auto answer number just for my family and i will use the 2nd line for everyone else.

Loving this bit of kit.
Auto answer has stopped working correctly. It answers automatically, however after the call is finished the call does not disconnect properly. The round line 1 button remains green and the phone will not accept anymore incoming calls.

The fix is to pick up the handset and put it back down again. Once this is done, the phone will accept calls again.
What phone system are you usings and what type of lines do you have.
The reason the phone is not hanging up is the phone has not received a disconnect from the system and the system receives a disconnect from the line...
Reference URL's