Yealink Forums

Full Version: W52P with 3cx Shared Parking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are trying to program the W52P to be able to access a 3cx shared parking system extension. We have T3x phones programmed to use the DSS keys for SP0-SP1, but hope to be able to at least retrieve a parked call from SP0 or SP1 via the W52P. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Tim
Back in the day you could forward an extension (create a dummy extension) and forward it to SPx. But I think this functionality is gone as it caused conflicts. So then on the W52, you would dial, for example SP0 would be 5000, SP1 5001, etc.
(10-18-2013 11:05 PM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Back in the day you could forward an extension (create a dummy extension) and forward it to SPx. But I think this functionality is gone as it caused conflicts. So then on the W52, you would dial, for example SP0 would be 5000, SP1 5001, etc.

That was the path I thought would have worked, but the SPx extensions are not available in v11. This is a big problem for us in that the production floor will all have the W52 phones and will routinely need to connect to a parked call.
I think early v11 - maybe first release or SP1 has it available.
I have tried to create a new phonebook with a contact called SP0 with a number of SP0 with the intent of tying it to a speed dial button. Crazy result, the number SP0 is dialed as 3P0 and of course does not work. Sure wish there was a DSS like programmable key tied in to a speed dial or something.
So I just tried this in v11:
New Extension, enter the Mobile Numebr as SP0.
Set phone to always goto Mobile.

So, dial this "extension" and 3cx will transfer to SP0.

I have not tested it v12.
Brilliant! You made my week!

I tried to forward, but never thought to use the mobile number.
FYI if anyone sees this thread in the future:
In 3cx v12 I am using the "External Number" field with SP1 (etc) as the destination to pickup Shared Parks on Grandstream DECT Phone.
(01-08-2015 09:03 AM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]FYI if anyone sees this thread in the future:
In 3cx v12 I am using the "External Number" field with SP1 (etc) as the destination to pickup Shared Parks on Grandstream DECT Phone.

Hi Craig - thanks for the update. I don't know why 3CX has to make call parking so difficult. Are you using the SP extension method to just pickup calls? Wondering how you get around the potential issue of multiple calls on the same shared park. Also, why not just use parking orbits, with *0 and *1? Or is that because 3cxphone only allows shared parking in the expanded presence screen (another mysterious choice by 3CX)?
Thanks,
Chris
We are using SPs so we can have BLF's on the Deskphones to just park a call quickly and know where it is. No transfer button required.

If have never used the orbits, but if I understand correctly, you have to hit transfer, then the *0 and a place # to park to? Seems difficult. What happens when you try to park another call in the same orbit?

I do not think the guys with the cordless phones will ever park a call - probably just pick calls up, so I am not too concerned with this method I have chosen.

Hopefully this will still work in 12.5. I need to test in my Lab next week.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's