Yealink Forums

Full Version: T28P + EXP39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using BroadWorks, I am trying to configure an EXP39 that is connected to a T28P with the default configuration file of the T28P. The problem that I am facing is that whenever I try to configure a user for line 4, the configuration does not show up on the EXP39. Stated below is an example of the configs

#Each expansion module1 key1
expansion_module.1.key.1.type = 13
expansion_module.1.key.1.line =
expansion_module.1.key.1.value = 1234
expansion_module.1.key.1.pickup_value =
expansion_module.1.key.1.label = User One
expansion_module.1.key.1.xml_phonebook =

#Each expansion module1 key2
expansion_module.1.key.2.type = 13
expansion_module.1.key.2.line =
expansion_module.1.key.2.value = 5678
expansion_module.1.key.2.pickup_value =
expansion_module.1.key.2.label = User Two
expansion_module.1.key.2.xml_phonebook =

#Each expansion module2 key3
expansion_module.1.key.3.type = 13
expansion_module.1.key.3.line =
expansion_module.1.key.3.value = 9011
expansion_module.1.key.3.pickup_value =
expansion_module.1.key.3.label = User Three
expansion_module.1.key.3.xml_phonebook =

#Each expansion module1 key4
expansion_module.1.key.4.type = 13
expansion_module.1.key.4.line =
expansion_module.1.key.4.value = 9012
expansion_module.1.key.4.pickup_value =
expansion_module.1.key.4.label = User Four
expansion_module.1.key.4.xml_phonebook =

What could be the problem and solution of this?
Hi cmcoke,

I test in my office, import your configuration parameters, then EXP39 can work well.
The version of T28 is the latest broadsoft version 2.71.193.5, EXP39 is 5.16.0.0.

1. Do you try to configure line 5 or others in EXP39?
2. Do you reset to factory and test again?
3. Please update your EXP39 to the latest version and test again.
I had followed your instructions as stated but now the phone is not pulling the configuration files for the expansion module.
Hi cmcoke,

Do you use a DMS or a normal autoprovisioning URL to update configuration file?
I use normal autoprovisioning URL to update configuration file and EXP39 can work well.
You should click the auto-provisioning now to pull the configuration file to expansion module.
After creating and using a second device profile based on Yealink' administration guide which was downloaded from BroadSoft, the phone was able to download the configuration file and the lines were registered on the expansion modules. However my question is in regards to the actually configuration of the device on BroadWorks. According to the guide I am supposed to assign "%BWMACADDRESS%.cfg" tag in Device Access File Format fields while assign "%BWFQDEVICEID%.cfg" tag in Repository File Format fields. Normally when I am configuring Cisco IP phones for device management I would place %BWMACADDRESS% in both fields. When provisioning numbers to a Cisco device the MAC address of the phone would be assigned on BroadWorks while for Yealink phones, according to the administration guide a phones MAC address does not need to be assigned to BroadWorks instead one should assign a “Device access user name” and a “Device access password

1. What is the purpose of the %BWFQDEVICEID% tag?

2. If I were to provision more than one T28 phones for device management how does the phone know which file configuration file to download from BroadWorks?
Hi cmcoke,

You can change %BWFQDEVICEID%.cfg to your responding MAC address of phone. For example, the MAC address is 0015654562jt, then rename %BWFQDEVICEID%.cfg as 0015654562jt.cfg.

You can refer to blow broadsoft solution for more details.
http://www.yealink.com/solution_list2.as...ate_Id=179
How do you upgrade the exp39 while using T28P?
which firmware will allow to update the exp39
Reference URL's