Yealink Forums

Full Version: T2xP phones show only caller name, not phone number in call history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are sending a custom Callerid(name) from Asterisk to our T20P, T22P and T28P phones when we receive an outside call, depending on the line on which we received the call and on the IVR option chosen by the caller. When such a call is not picked up, the missed call history on that phone shows only this custom name, not the caller number. When I check the Phone Call Info in the Directory section of the phone GUI, there are only numbers stored in there, not a single trace of names displayed on the phone.

We are currently running x.0.140 version of firmware on all phones. Is there an option somewhere in the phone settings to choose which info will be displayed in missed call history, either the name or the number, because I cannot find any settings related to this. Or maybe if there is an alternative to send a status message or something similar to the phone that would be displayed on the phone during the call, which we could use for such a notification purpose instead of using caller name field.
Hi valjan,

Can you try the latest version again?
You can get the latest version from our Support module.
http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...4&flag=142
Hi, we already use the latest firmware version on all models (T20P, T22P, and T28P) and on each one of them when there is a missed call, the built-in phone display shows the callerid(name), while the web GUI interface shows callerid(num) field. It is then almost impossible to callback from the phone directly because the info on the display is useless for such a purpose, and employees have to enter the web GUI in order to find out who actually called them.

I have temporarily disabled this part of Asterisk dialplan, so we are not sending custom callerid(name) field anymore, so now when there is a missed call the callerid(num) is displayed on the phone display, however it would be really helpful if we could simply choose by ourselves which part of the info would be displayed in the case of missed call (name or number).

Regards,
Janko
Hi, I have tried with the latest x.71.0.165 version of firmware, however there is no change with our issue, i.e. it is still present.

Regards,
Janko
Hi valjan,

Which options that you choose for caller ID Source?
Can you supply me syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap?
Before you export the syslog, please set log level as 6, and reboot the phone, then click Start,and reproduce the issue, then click Stop,and export the trace, syslog, config,bin to us.
(About where to export these files, please refer to attached screenshot.)
These three files are very important for us, hope you can kindly understand.
Hi,

here are the three logs you have requested. Sorry for the delay, I was on the sick leave for a couple of days.

Regards,
Janko
Hi valjan,

Thanks for your reply. I have submitted your issue to our R&D.
But i import your config.bin to my T20P and can find callerid(num) after choose custom callerid(name) in the missed call list.
Do you reboot the phone after upgrading?
Hi,

in the phone web GUI I can find the callerid(num), but on the phone display all I get is callerid(name), and even if I callback from that entry I still get only callerid(name), and only in Asterisk CLI I can see who I am actually calling back. It means I have an advantage over my colleagues, because I have access to Asterisk CLI and they do not have such an access, i.e. they do not know whom are they calling back until person on the other end of the line introduces himself/herself. That is why it would be great to be able to select which info will be present as the missed call info on the phone display itself.

Regards,
Janko
Hi valjan,

I have submitted your issue to our R&D. If any update, i will contact with you again.
Hi valjan,

Our R&D engineer says that your problem is the normal scenario. But i can browse the number under the name with your config.bin.
Why can't you browse the number?
You can change display part of incoming call in the Caller ID Header type.
Enter the webpage->Account->Advanced, choose the Caller ID Source.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's