Yealink Forums

Full Version: T26P - lost admin password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just taken over as the internal IT admin for a small UK non-profit.

We have a T20 and T26 and the default admin/admin combo is not working.

I've tried factory resets and uploading the latest T20 and T26.rom and a MAC specific cfg file via TFTP, but both times the default admin/admin combo still doesn't work.

I've gone round and round in circles for a week now and I've come no nearer to logging into the phone or uploading a tweaked cfg file. No idea where the phones were bought from and I'm something of a newb if it comes to telnetting or sshing into the phone.

Any (step by) solutions much apreciated.

Miles
Reset to factory should work. Do not upload any files and see if you can login using the defaults. Possibly the Mac CFg file has password change in it.
(10-07-2013 01:43 PM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Reset to factory should work. Do not upload any files and see if you can login using the defaults. Possibly the Mac CFg file has password change in it.

Thanks for the reply.

Part of the problem is that to do a factory reset, you need an admin password, whether you do it manually on the handset or via the web interface.

We've tried resetting it by holding the OK key for 10 seconds, but that does nothing to restore the admin/admin default.

We suspect the phone's vendor helpfully installed their own custom settings and password, which we've since lost over time.

Much obliged if anyone knows of a way around this!

Thanks
(10-08-2013 08:03 PM)lasaict Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013 01:43 PM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Reset to factory should work. Do not upload any files and see if you can login using the defaults. Possibly the Mac CFg file has password change in it.

Thanks for the reply.

Part of the problem is that to do a factory reset, you need an admin password, whether you do it manually on the handset or via the web interface.

We've tried resetting it by holding the OK key for 10 seconds, but that does nothing to restore the admin/admin default.

We suspect the phone's vendor helpfully installed their own custom settings and password, which we've since lost over time.

Thanks
Hi,

You might want to ask Yealink to check if that MAC address is loaded on the "RPS System" .

All the best,
Abe
(10-08-2013 11:32 PM)Abe1048 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2013 08:03 PM)lasaict Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
Hi,

You might want to ask Yealink to check if that MAC address is loaded on the "RPS System" .

All the best,
Abe

Abe

Thanks for the heads up on RPS - not heard of that until you pointed it out. Maybe that will do the trick.

Thanks again.
Hi Lasaict,
Could you let us know what's the firmware on these phones?
And where you buy these phones from?
Thanks.
Reference URL's