Yealink Forums

Full Version: Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I have the T46G but my question is not specific to the phone as I know you use remote phonebook across a lot of your devices. I have setup the remote phonebook and when I list multiple numbers for a contact such as:

<DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Mike Kilpatrick</Name>

<Telephone>1040</Telephone>
<Telephone>5099512734</Telephone>
<Telephone>9542478712</Telephone>

</DirectoryEntry>

And then I go to the directory on my phone and to that contact, the numbers on the phone are show like this:

Number0 1050
Number1 5099512734
Number2 9542478712

That works, but it is very generic and unprofessional. What I would like to see is:

Extension 1050
Home 5099512734
Mobile 9542478712

Is there any possible way to code the XML file so that you can set these type of titles on each number listed for a contact? If not, you really should develop that because the Number0, Number1, etc format is extremely generic and unprofessional.

Appreciate the help,

Mike
I agree. It would be nice to be able to define a label for each number.

As a temporary (hopefully) workaround, I use separate directory entries for each number:
Code:
<YealinkIPPhoneDirectory>
<DirectoryEntry>
  <Name>Homer Simpson</Name>
  <Telephone>1107</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
  <Name>Homer Simpson (Mobile)</Name>
  <Telephone>555-248-1234</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
  <Name>Homer Simpson (Office)</Name>
  <Telephone>555-549-4321</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
  <Name>Homer Simpson (Home)</Name>
  <Telephone>555-262-0101</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
</YealinkIPPhoneDirectory>
It's not a perfect solution, but it works well on the T46G where you have a large display and the long names fit on the screen. Even the T42G will scroll the names in its smaller display. Older phones, such as the T28P, seem to cut off the end of the names.

LDAP Directories suffer from the same problem where you can query different types of numbers, but the results don't tell you what type of number you are looking at. The only thing I could think of is having separate entries per number. I ended up writing a php page that queries Active Directory and outputs xml in the above format.

I have also found that the new phones automatically sort the list whereas the older ones don't.
Hi all,
Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry for the inconvenience.
We will submit to our product department to evaluate this, any update will let you know ASAP.
Thanks.
(09-28-2013 03:00 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry for the inconvenience.
We will submit to our product department to evaluate this, any update will let you know ASAP.
Thanks.

Any update on this?
Bump - Would love an update on this
Any advance ???
Hi all,

Our product department is evaluating this requirement. Any update will let you know ASAP.

Sincerely thanks for your support to Yealink product!
Hi Yealink Support

we are facing the same problem, please update us asap. please................
Hi all.
our product department will consider to add it in the next version.
How long does it take to 'consider' something? its been over a year!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's