Yealink Forums

Full Version: Transfer to Voice Mail using BLF key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to setup a transfer to voicemail key that allows you to use the BLF key instead of dialing the extension? Currently using T46G
Depends on your PBX.
You could use a BLF - and I think the newer firmwares allow you to combine/use multiple BLF's in a row.
So, for example <BLF XFER VM><BLF EXT> might work - if your PBX has a dial code for Direct to VM.
(09-23-2015 03:49 AM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your PBX.
You could use a BLF - and I think the newer firmwares allow you to combine/use multiple BLF's in a row.
So, for example <BLF XFER VM><BLF EXT> might work - if your PBX has a dial code for Direct to VM.

Using FW 80.0.60 I cannot use blf to blf. So far I have to use DTMF button <#*125> then manually enter the extension....
Compounding this issue quite severely I find is that no Yealink model allows you to mix blind and attended transfers.

The great majority of my client sites do attended transfers and therefore the DSSkey is set to use the attended transfer method but it is a one way or the other way option in that it overrides all the BLF lamps and hard key behaviour. This unfortunately removes the ability to do a blind transfer using BLF and the only way to do it is via the rather user unfriendly way of going Transfer (Softkey) > Dial mailbox extension with asterisk prefix > Press transfer (Softkey) again. It sounds simple enough if the extension numbers arent a problem but one of the sites is a hospital with a horrendous amount of extensions. Looking up the extension number would be time prohibitive compared to just hitting a BLF key.

You can of course do an attended transfer using the BLF but the problem with that is you hear the mailbox greeting before you put the phone down and the transfer initiates which means the original caller gets half the greeting cut off so attended transfers to voice mailboxes aren't really ideal.

We really, really need the ability to mix blind and attended transfers. The ideal situation should be that you can choose the transfer method of the hard key, a different one for the soft key and then have the ability to set the option of attended or blind transfer for each BLF.
Reference URL's