Yealink Forums

Full Version: T4x Time Zone Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Setting the time zone to "-6 United States - Central" results in an incorrect (-7 DST) time setting. Using "-6 Canada - Manitoba(Winnipeg)" makes the time display correctly. This problem exists on both the T46G (with 28.71.0.155 firmware) and T42G.
Hi Stooge,
I tried below parameters, and works:
-----------------------------------------------
#!version:1.0.0.1

local_time.time_zone = -6
local_time.time_zone_name = United States-Central Time
-----------------------------------------------
Please copy these and try again, it seems you add space between "States" and "-", so it doesn't work.
It should be:
United States-Central Time
but not:
United States - Central
So please try again.
Thanks.
Sorry, I should have been more specific, the problem exists with the Web interface. I have not tried setting it in the auto-provisioning files yet.
Hi Stooge,
Sorry, so you mean when you select "-6 United States-Central Time" in the webpage, the time display on the phone LCD is incorrect?
But if you select "-6 Canada - Manitoba(Winnipeg)", the time display on the phone LCD is correct?
Just now i try to select these two time zone, but i found the time display on the LCD is the same.
Am i misunderstand anything?
Thanks.
That's exactly what is happening. I even tried changing the time zone from the menu system on the phones themselves with the same results. I did notice that selecting each of the two time zones in the Web interface change the disabled manual settings... The -6 Canada time zone and even the US Eastern time zone both display the disabled "DST By Week" data but the US Central zone selection displays the disabled "DST By Date" data. This leads me to believe that the US Central zone is being calculated differently. I have attached screen shots.

Same results with T46G with 28.71.0.155 firmware and T42G with 29.71.0.61 firmware.
Hi Stooge,
You can enabled "Daylight Saving Time" as the attachment(not automatic).
And then you can change the DST time as you want.
Thanks.
Hi, I also have an issue setting the time zone. Below are my config settings. Please help.

################################################################################​#######
## Time Settings ##
################################################################################​#######

local_time.ntp_server1 = pool.ntp.org
local_time.ntp_server2 = pool.ntp.org
local_time.interval =
local_time.time_zone = -6
local_time.summer_time =
local_time.dst_time_type =
local_time.start_time =
local_time.end_time =
local_time.offset_time =
local_time.time_format =
local_time.date_format =
local_time.dhcp_time =
Ok, I figured this out on my own. The documentation indicates that you should use the following value...

The actual value that works is...

local_time.time_zone_name = United States-Central
Reference URL's