Yealink Forums

Full Version: Different volume controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a sales room where the T46G is often used on speakerphone when a person from another department calls over via an intercom call. They also use this phone to answer incoming calls to their queue, but not often. They are telling me that different volume controls for different types of calls would be very helpful. They want the alert tone for an intercom call to be loud (especially since it's only one beep and can't be adjusted to three beeps!), but they want the ringtone for a regular incoming "queue" phone call to be very quiet. It's a distinctive ringtone, so even if it's very quiet, they can recognize it.

There is one volume control now that I know of - physical button on the phone. If we adjust that to loud for intercom call, then a queue ring is very loud also. If we adjust it to quiet, then they can't hear the intercom beep. Separate volume controls per call type would be invaluable.
Hi Engine,
Sorry currently we don't support this feature.
You could set the volume on loud for the Intercom BEEP and then use a custom ringtone file that has been modified to a reduced volume. Common WAV editing software can reduce the volume of the ringtone WAV file.
(09-17-2013 10:26 PM)briankelly63 Wrote: [ -> ]You could set the volume on loud for the Intercom BEEP and then use a custom ringtone file that has been modified to a reduced volume. Common WAV editing software can reduce the volume of the ringtone WAV file.

Ah! I will try this. Thanks.
Reference URL's