Yealink Forums

Full Version: How to change the Hold key to function as predefined function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want the Hold Button on the Phone (Yealink T28) should function as a speed dial.

Here what I did:
I went into the phone GUI and configured the Hold key (under programmable Key section) to function as Speed Dial.

Now, when the phone is idle (no incoming / outbound calls) I can use the Hold Key as speed Dial button. When I am on the call, when I press the Hold key it's going into regular hold mode, instead of calling the speed dial#.

can anyone help me who I can make it work.

Regards,
Anand
Hi Anand,
The Hold key that you configured only can take effect in idle status, also the same with other programmable keys, such as TRAN, MUTE, CONF keys....
You can set a DSS key as speed dial, so it can dial out even when you on the call.
Thanks.
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I their any way to block the Hold Key while on call.
This has been brought up before. It would be nice if the HOLD button could be redefined any time not just when idle.
(09-16-2013 09:06 PM)mak_make Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

thanks for your reply. I their any way to block the Hold Key while on call.

Could you let us know why you want to block the hold key? It's a common feature for the end user.
In many installations there is no need for a HOLD button but instead there is a need for a PARK button. Users understand the concept of HOLD but many think of it in terms of the way old Key Telephone systems used to operate. In those systems if you placed someone on hold you could go to another phone and pick up the call.

People are familiar with the HOLD button and that is the button they will look for on the phone. They become confused with the idea of looking or using some other button that they often can't remember.

To PARK a call in Asterisk you transfer the call to 70. If you could just add the same redefine-ability to the HOLD that you have given to other keys (like the softkeys) that would solve the problem. I don't see any downside to providing that capability.
(09-17-2013 08:53 PM)briankelly63 Wrote: [ -> ]In many installations there is no need for a HOLD button but instead there is a need for a PARK button. Users understand the concept of HOLD but many think of it in terms of the way old Key Telephone systems used to operate. In those systems if you placed someone on hold you could go to another phone and pick up the call.

People are familiar with the HOLD button and that is the button they will look for on the phone. They become confused with the idea of looking or using some other button that they often can't remember.

To PARK a call in Asterisk you transfer the call to 70. If you could just add the same redefine-ability to the HOLD that you have given to other keys (like the softkeys) that would solve the problem. I don't see any downside to providing that capability.

Yes, this is want I required for other customers that needs SLA Application approach.
I would like to third this request.

I have the same setup, but have to use the DSS keys instead of the hold button.

Regards,

Frank
Reference URL's